Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty Training

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

How old was your little one when you introduced potty training? My daughter is 18 months and we are trying for another baby. Not wanting to have two in diapers if we can help it, is it too early to start working with my daughter on potty training? Also how did you introduce the potty chair to your little one?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
natural_s
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

With all of mine I introduced the potty at exactly 12mthsbecause they were already walking by then. I did not use any pull-ups on them but when in training mode put regular underwear on them. Depending on which one I would randomly sit them on the potty especially first thing in the morning. My youngest now 2yrs old is fully potty trained. He poops and pees in his potty and even sits on the big potty from time to time (It took him like a week longer to poop in his potty because I think the idea of poop scares them, lol). He goes now all on his own. I now just have to work with the overnight thing which I have not tried and I put a diaper on him at bedtime or if he takes a nap. I am currently pregnant and want to get him completely out of the diaper before baby comes in September.

Each child is different, but if you stay consistent and keep on a routine your child should get use to it real quick. I think the key to training with that is consistency.

Good luck with the potty training.

PEEK05
by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

We introduce the potty around 18 months but don't actively potty train until 2 years old.  We are doing 11 days of straight undies in October with my son that just turned 2 when dad is home on vacation.  He uses the potty already sometimes. :)

MaKaylasmom29
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I sat her on the potty when I go,  but all she is interested in is using the chair for a step stool..lol

ihave1
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

lol then I would wait to have that second baby.  Mine is two and a half she is doing ok   long road ahead for me.  I gave her a pott when she was about your dd age that didnt last long 

ihave1
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM

same for my dd, she is two now  & she is into using the potty more but still a long road head.  Her birthday is in August so Im thinking we well wake up and throw all her pull ups away. & go buy her more panties.   Just deal w/ that untill she is good.  Now i make her go everytime I change her and for the most part she sort of want s to go.  

Quoting PEEK05:

We introduce the potty around 18 months but don't actively potty train until 2 years old.  We are doing 11 days of straight undies in October with my son that just turned 2 when dad is home on vacation.  He uses the potty already sometimes. :)

mammaci
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
We do 18 months but didn't push it till two. We are fully train now 2.5 except we still were a pull up to bed but wake up five out of seven nights dry. We are expecting another baby in July and it helped being pregnant that little brother will be in diapers and she is a big sister in underwear!
aeELE
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM

It isn't too young, if she is willing.  

Just be aware that the birth if a sibling- even if the child is happy about new baby- often causes regression, for both potty training and with bottles. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)