Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: hi just want to ask some question my girl is...

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 28 Replies
hi..just want to ask some question, my girl is 2 yrs. o;d and not yet speaking, although sometimes she says mama, dede(milk), wowa and wowo. is it common?tnx
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
4 moms liked this
By 2 she should be speaking more than that. I would look into your state's early intervention program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

By 2 she should be speaking more than that. I would look into your state's early intervention program.

lillokita
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM
My 2 year old isn't saying much either, putting her in preschool has helped some but none of my kids have been talkers and no one has ever said anything about it. .? Guess I'm not much help but from what I've seen on cafemom it's not normal; either way I'm in the same boat.
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Sounds like she's behind. Look into birth to 3 or early intervention programs in your area.

Newfie_Mom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
There is a difference between can't and doesn't. Can she say more than that and just doesn't because there isn't a need,

My DS went from unable to string two and three words to full sentences once we realized he "couldn't" talk because we just have him things without making him. Turns out he could talk just fine we just weren't asking him to
RobynS
by Robyn on May. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I would check with your doctor--they usually are speaking more by that age. But don't panic, either, b/c they all develop at different rates.

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

What does your Dr say? Is he/she concerned?

kinshipcaremama
by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
My nephew didn't talk much at age two but it was because he was the youngest of three and his older brothers talked for him. He qualified for gifted classes by second grade. Maybe your daughter doesn't feel the need to talk?
familyisamour
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM
If she's being raised bilingual, that's completely normal.
ihave1
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Maybe, but My dd (she is 2) is being raised bilingual  & speaks rather well.   A few people even says she speaks more then most kids her age, & you can  understand her. So Im not so sure what you are saying is true.

Quoting familyisamour:

If she's being raised bilingual, that's completely normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)