Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

birthday party ideas for my 3 year old daughter

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ladies im looking for ideas for my daughter 3 birthday party , she loves dora and I would love to do a out door party , but I need ideas and also what. to serve, no pizza. thanks ladies
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MaKaylasmom29
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

When it comes to Dora you could use colors of orange, yellow, lime green, and/or hot pink. You could serve a dora cake, cupcakes, or maybe cookies. If it's hot outside you could always go for popicles. Use streamers places around tree trunks. Balloons and of course tableclothes. Drinks could be kool-aid, always a kid favorite. If you are into games, you could hide some items for the children to find, tell then Swiper has hidden the objects. Makes me think of an egg hunt. Dora wears a backpack, so maybe have a small backpack filled with bubbles, braclets, and Dora stickers. You can also print Dora stuff off at Nickjr.com...hope this helps..GL

doubledoos
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Thanks for these great idea I will be using them, I'm so excited
EmilyG10
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

fruit cups and tea sandwiches ? or if it's outside what about a bbq?

MomsRule723
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

If all else fails, serve cold cuts and finger foods.  Get a couple of different sandwich meats cut at your deli, do a plate of cheeses and crackers to go with it.  Then have some fruit, grapes, strawberries, orange slices with chips and dips and you have a party!!!  It's easy to over think it, but keep it simple and don't stress yourself out.  GL!!

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
My friend did Dora and had a taco bar....make your own tacos. You can do scavenger hunt with maps. Have backpacks and stars.
daniamng
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Mini cupcakes, pigs in a blanket, mini fruit cups, chocolate covered strawberries, frozen banana covers in chocolate cut in peices, deviled eggs. I did a lot of these for my daughter's 1st bday at a park. I had a little of everything and my family helped me prep everything they night before.
PEEK05
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Dora Party Food Ideas

Incorporate Dora's Latin heritage into your party food! Here are some ideas to get you started:

• If you are planning to serve a full meal, as opposed to snacks, set up a taco bar and let your guests build their own tacos. Include flour and corn tortillas, ground beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
  • Set out a bowl of tortilla chips with several different dips to try - such as salsa, guacamole, black bean dip, or queso dip. For added fun, serve the chips in an upside-down>safari hat.
  • Serve simple cheese roll-ups. Sprinkle shredded cheese on a flour tortilla and heat it in the microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt. Roll the tortilla tightly and cut into bit-sized pieces. Stick a toothpick through the snacks to keep them securely rolled up.
  • Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
  • Make Mexican Hot Chocolate and serve with mini marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.
  • Serve churros with vanilla ice cream if you would rather not serve cake.
  • For a Dora the Explorer cake, simply use our>Dora the Explorer Cake Pan.
sophiesmom07
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I think Nick Jr has lots of party printables.  You can make it a very basic Mexican food theme, like tacos and nachos.  Kids love pinatas!   Do you have a local farm type of location? Sometimes they offer party space. 

LittleCondon
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I agree with a lot of what's been said. A scavenger hunt could be fun. You can give areas in your yard silly names and put them on a map for the scavenger hunt. Also, the taco bar is adorable! That and some fun fruit jiuces woud be great! I also love the idea of the pinata -- fun for the kids and goes with Dora's latin heritage. Could be fun to get some of the Dora songs to go along with their scavenger hunt (Vamanos Let's Go to get everyone going and the We Did It song when they find the prize). JUst (if you do the scavenger hunt) incorporate the Dora stuff into the clues. I think it'll be really cute! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN