Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Weekend Mornings

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you have a good weekend routine for waking up with the kids? Do you get up one day and let hubby sleep, then switch the next day? Does one person make a big breakfast one morning?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebud27aj
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM

When my dh isn't working the morning, we both get up at 7:30am. We both get each of the boys dressed. My oldest eats breakfast at school, he doesn't like eating right after getting up. He likes eating with his friends at school. After we put my oldest on the bus at 8:30am, we feed our youngest. He usually eats cereal or toast. Then he plays for a bit. His bus doesn't come until 11:45am...

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Since I am able to sleep in or nap during the week which I rarely do, but have taken advantage of lately during these last few weeks of pregnancy, I always let my husband sleep in on the weekend.
I make breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday and then we go out for breakfast whichever day I don't cook. Typically that ends up being Sunday.
My kids normally go to bed at 7 on school nights, but as long as they are good, they are allowed to stay up until 8-8:30 on the weekend. They're pretty good about sleeping in if they stay up later.
wonderstruck11
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My DH and I alternate mornings. He works evenings, so we can each sleep in a bit.

Breakfast isn't usual. I am not a breakfast person.
MomsRule723
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

DH works on Saturdays so it's all me.  Sometimes I will do a big breakfast, sometimes we do cereal, I play it by ear.  He would let me sleep in on Sundays but I don't sleep well if the kids are up (they are too loud). DH does a big breakfast on Sundays unless we have something planned.  We usually wait an hour or so until after everyone is up before starting breakfast.  Love weekends, wish it was Saturday today!!

PEEK05
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Nope, we all just get up and eat, play, or go do stuff.  No routine at all.

sophiesmom07
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

We all wake up when my ds wakes up, usually very early and crying or screaming. :/  No one gets to sleep in, lol.  I usually make a big breakfast while dh plays with the kids in the living room.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Everyone gets up when they want to. I always seem to get up at the same time. If I want to sleep in. Hubby will get up with them. Sundays are our big breakfast days.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We are all pretty early risers even on the weekend. We usually have some activity on Saturday, then we do early church service on Sunday, so there's not a lot of sleeping in.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM

DH always gets up before me and so when DD gets up he gets her out of her crib, changes her and brings her to me to nurse. Then I get up afterward. DH always cooks breakfast for himself and DD (I don't eat the same breakfast) because he likes a certain breakfast and likes to cook it for himself. That's it!

Bookoholic
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I have DREAMED of the days when a hubby can let me sleep in for now I'm single mom waking up with the kiddo. I need that wonderful drink 99% of us moms drink oh what is it oh yeah COFFEE! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)