Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

potty training

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
When my son wakes up with a dry pull up do y'all think he is ready to start potty training?
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomsRule723
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

How old is he?  It might be a start.  Is he pottied trained at all or just starting?

king.mom.2010
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM
He is about to be 3. He was doing good then just gave it up on his own. The problem is I put underwear on him and take him potty every 30 mins he wont do anything. Then for nap I put pull up on him and he just pees
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

put him in underwear and really push fluids so he doesn't have the choice to hold it until nap.  3 is a great age for training!

MomsRule723
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I will be honest here. My daugher was a few months shy of 3 when we got her potty trained. The baby sitter was so much better at it than I was.  she would go potty for the sitter all day and then come home and have accidents.  So I bribed her.  I don't give alot of candy anyway.  So I went and a birthday bag, got some different candies (tootsie rolls, little M&M packets, small stuff) and some party favors (little slinkys, stickers, sticky hands).  anyway, I made a pee pee prize bag out of it and made a chart.  Everytime she went to the potty, she got a sticker to put on the chart, every time we got 3 stickers, she got a prize out of the pee pee prize bag.  Within 2 weeks, she was potty trained.  Be consistant and remind them every 30 minutes or so to go try.  Only give stickers on successful potties.  Worked for us.  GL!!

PEEK05
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That doesn't mean anything except that he stays dry at night.  Just my opinion.

king.mom.2010
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM
We have suckers we give him when he goes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)