Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Waking Up Every Night...?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I sure could use some help. My daughter is 20 months old. For the past few weeks, she's been waking up at 1/2 AM WIDE awake - happy, laughing, looking to play. She'll then be awake for 1 to 2 hours. Our place is small so, unfortunately, her crib is right next to our bed. Therefore when she's wide awake in the middle of the night, so are we. Any suggestions on how to get her to sleep through the night again? She only takes one nap in the early afternoon, for 2 hours, and wakes up around 9:30 AM and is down for bed between 9:30 - 10 PM. I've been doing my best to get her outside for fresh air and play every day, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. She falls asleep quickly, but doesn't stay asleep.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lunarprancer
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

BUMP!

PEEK05
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

sorry I haven't had this issue so here's a bump.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Just a phase. Just ignore her completely. no toys. no company. no fun. she'll stop soon enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

try feeding her a cheese stick or yogurt something that will stick with her through the night she might just be hungry. my ds is 2 1/2 and does that if he isn't full

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My daughter did this, Se was usually thirsty, hungry or just couldn't sleep and went through a little insomnia phase.  It will pass.

AML5577
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Thanks ladies! We usually give her warm milk about 30 minutes before bed so she'll have something in her stomach, but I'll offer her a drink to see if that helps. Unfortunately, I can't just ignore her - simply because I'm a light sleeper. If she's awake, making noise, then I'm awake too. Hopefully this blows over!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

corrinacs
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Is she tired during the day?  If not, then I woudln't worry about it.  You'll just need to find ways to make the wakiness easier on you guys.  Can you move her to another room?  You know she's safe, so it shoudl be fine :).

my sons did that too, and still do from time to time.  As long as they aren't fussing, we don't go to thier aid.  In fact, my older son has had the funniest "conversations" with himself during those waking hours by himself :).

xoxRachelxox
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids would wake up in the middle of the night because they were hungry or thirsty. I'd get them a drink and they'd usually go back to sleep. 

It could be that she's going through a growth spurt and needs a little something in her tummy. 

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM

i'm not sure. my kids only ever did that as infants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)