Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

birth control

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 22 Replies
I'm due in Dec.with my 2 kid I think I'm to young to get my tubs tied,. So what is a good birth control to get on
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

What works for one, may not work for others. I take the pill and have had to  switch many times due to side effects.  Speak to your OBGYN. 

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Mirena. I have it, I love it, I vote everyone gets one if they are looking for something long term. There are horror stories, but the majority of people who have it have no problems. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I went on the pill after my 2nd.  I considered an IUD but I'm too much of a control freak to leave my baby blocking to a device that MAY stay put and do it's job.  With a pill, I know I've taken it and I know if I've missed it an need a condom.  No guess work and that's the way I like it :)

Everyone I know that has had Mirena has liked it.  I'm just not going to chance it, myself.

MommySchatzi
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I heard recently Mirena has caused for a lot of lawsuits, but I never had personal experience from it. I used to be on the Depo shot.

Anyway, how old are you?
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Really depends on what you want and how you feel about it. Do you want to take a pill every day, get the insert things, get the ring, diaphragm, shot and humm what else. What I found was to talk to my Dr after my first was born. We talked about all the different kinds. I then eliminated what I did not want and since her have been using the diaphragm and love it.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have it and really like it too.

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

Mirena. I have it, I love it, I vote everyone gets one if they are looking for something long term. There are horror stories, but the majority of people who have it have no problems. 

king.mom.2010
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM
MaKaylasmom29
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I had implanon and had crazy periods for a bit but no other side effects

preacherskid
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I have Paragard, artificial hormones do not agree with me and we can't have another baby right now.  I am not ready for a permanent fix just yet, and my cycles are typically too irregular to rely on just charting/NFP.  I like it pretty well, nonhormonal, lasts up to ten years.

kailu1835
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I recommend to anyone considering any form of hormonal birth control to get their blood tested for clotting factor. Sometimes people with clotting disorders are asymptomatic until conditions change the consistency of the blood. Adding hormones to the system changes the consistency of the blood in a small percentage of people, putting them at risk for clots. Having a clotting disorder greatly increases that risk. For me, I practice natural family planning religiously. It is 100% affective if done religiously. It has a human error rate same as any other birth control if not done properly, but done properly, it has no error rate that you see with hormonal birth control even if it is taken religiously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)