Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pica-trichophagia quirky weirdo 4 year old

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

So my four year old has some issues.  She's been four since February and we literally just got her potty trained in the last few weeks.  She chews on her hair (trichophagia) and she picks blanket fuzz and eats it(pica) she "owns" all the toys in the house and if I make her share or take something away from her that my little dd was playing with, she cries inconsolably for hours upon end.  She's also extremely hyperactive, and sometimes can't focus on what I am saying to her if I am inches from her face.  It's like she's looking through me.

also I'd like to mention my son is on the autism spectrum, dxed pdd-nos/ADHD.

im wondering if she could also be on the spectrum.  I might add that a dr has not dxed her with any of the above things those are just my educated guesses. I'm just slowly starting to put all the pieces together.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
.Angelica.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

i have no experience with this. here's a bump

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting .Angelica.:

i have no experience with this. here's a bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Possibly.  I would have her checked with your pediatrician, just the same as your son was.  Just to be sure :).  Especially because it seems like her pica isn't controlled and she has these other thigns going on :).  Better to take care of it now rather than later; )

PEEK05
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I would take her to a doctor instead of self diagnosing so you can get some real help.

sophiesmom07
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Could be. Definitely worth discussing with your pediatrician. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)