Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hemorrhoid or tear?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

We took our daughter to the Doctor because she has had super hard poops lately and has been screaming when she goes poop that it hurts. He gave us a stool softener and a suppository. They are softening the stool but she still screams that she is hurting. Could she have a tear or something down there? If so, is there any thing I can do to help make pooping more comfortable? I feel so bad for her :(

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PEEK05
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

It is possible.  I would call the doctor and let them know that the stools are softened but that she is still in pain and see what they recommend.

corrinacs
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I would go back to the doctor, or perhaps see a pediatric gastroenterologist.  They can give her a steriod cream down there to help with either condition.

As far as a softner, I'd stay away from those because those can take DAYS to work and require a lot of water.  DId the doctor talk to you about Miralax?  You mix it with something they are drinking and it has a faster effect.  And its really harmless :).  FOr the dosage, you'd have to ask.  For my 18 month old baby, we are at about 5cc.

That or magnesium caplets.

itsm3
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM

1) if there is blood on the paper when she wipes, there could be a tear or it's from an internal or external hemmorhoid

2) check for external hemmorhoids by looking; have her bend over and look. you'll see a bump or something poking out of her anus

3)internal hemms you can't see. 

to avoid this further, give her riber rich foods + plenty of water on the regular.  avocados and oatmeal are great fiber rich foods.

mama_heather
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Thanks everyone. I guess I will be calling the Doctor back. She drinks plenty of fluids and has a well balanced diet so I don't know why her poo is so hard. Miralax gave her explosive diarrhea; which is why we ended up at the Doctors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)