Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would u do

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:43 AM
  • 30 Replies
My son is 5 years old and he told me yesterday that the boy that I have been babysitting who is 11 touch him on his no no spot. We filed a report with the police but I don't know if we should go through with charges cause I don't want to put my son through it. I feel like a failure as a mom. I have always kept my kids away from.shit like this. Anyway would u go through with charges or drop them?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
If someone touched my son I would follow through with the charges.
DenversMommy07
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:53 AM
That's what I want to do. But my son said he just wants to.forget it I have not slept trying to figure this shit out.
samhannon
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Charge that is the only way to teach the person what its right and wrong. Sorry I don't like people like that can understand how your son feels - had it happen to a family member. It will also help your son deal with his feels about what has happened.
lace-n-heels
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this

YES go through with it! that shouldn't even be a question. Your son came to you trusting you to handle it. That 11 year old is a pedophile and a sex offender in the making. He needs to be stopped

DenversMommy07
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Thanks ladies I knew what I.wanted to.do.but was also.trying to help my son forget about it.
berlgirl1224
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Charge
DenversMommy07
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Now how do I help my son to forget about it and live normal. How do I trust anyone with my kids? My kids don't go to baby sitters for this reason. I have always worked where a family member could watch them and now a child did this to him someone he trusted and I trusted.
huntersmama711
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Counseling, both individual and family. For both of you, not just him. He probably won't ever forget but hopefully with time it'll be pushed way into the back of his head, and he'll start acting himself again. Best luck to you and (((((hugs)))))

Quoting DenversMommy07:

Now how do I help my son to forget about it and live normal. How do I trust anyone with my kids? My kids don't go to baby sitters for this reason. I have always worked where a family member could watch them and now a child did this to him someone he trusted and I trusted.
RheaF
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go through with it. If he is touching your son, or has, then chances are he is not only doing it to other kids, but has been/is being molested himself. This child needs help. Do not beat yourself up, it happened, now it is time to take action to ensure it never happens again, and to let your son know that you have his back and believe him.

xoxRachelxox
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I would follow through with the charges. If it's swept under the rug, it could very well happen again. 

If you follow through, maybe he will get some help. 

It will be hard on your son but maybe try telling him that it will help so that other kids don't need to go through what he has. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)