Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtimes?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 73 Replies

What time do you put your little ones to bed?

We try to get our 19 month old and 4 year old in bed by 8 every night. The 4 year old sometimes stays up until 8:30.

Does this seem early?

All of the neighborhood kids are always out playing way past 9 (DD can hear it and doesn't want to go to bed). We live in a culdesac, so everyone plays right in front of our house. :/

We do have sound machines, but there are at least 10 kids, so it's loud.

what do you do with your toddlers?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on May. 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM
We almost never have the windows open in the evening so that the noise doesn't bother our son. We have blackout curtains on his window, a noise machine and a fan in his room. His bedtime used to be 9:00, now it's whenever he'll finally go to sleep. :/
xoxRachelxox
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My 3 and 5 year old go to bed at 8pm every night. 

Sometimes they don't like it because in the summer, the sun is still out but I just tell them that they need their rest. 

GabriellaKate
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

My 4 year old goes to bed at 8pm. During the week, unless something happens and so it can't be prevented, he doesn't stay up past 8. Weekends are a little different and we're more relaxed as we're more likely to be out later, but if we're not then he still goes to bed at 8.

OliviaW.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM
My 2 year old is in bed normally by 7:30. He's normally asleep by 7:45 but if not I let him stay up a little later. My 3 year old is normally in bed by 8:30.
momofsunshine77
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I start getting them ready about 7. They are in bed sleeping by 7:30 ior 8. Sometimes my 4 year old plays in her room for another 1/2 hour to an hour.
SouthernMamaof1
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
My 4 year old recently started going to bed at 9:00. It takes him about 30 minutes to fall asleep. Before now, his bedtime was 8:00 or 8:30 if we were running behind, but he would stay awake in his bed until 9:30 so we moved his bedtime to 9:00 since he obviously wasn't tired enough to fall asleep.
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
My children usually go to bed at 7pm....sometimes I let them stay up until 8pm. My boys are 9 months and 3 1/2 years.
bpryce
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My 2yr old used to go to bed at 730 every night, but when he was about 19months old it started taking him an hour to go to sleep. So eventually we just changed his bedtime to 830p. My infant is in bed by 7p every night. When fall comes (my son will be in preschool then). I'm going to try to switch his bedtime back to 730p
.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM

my 5 and 1 year old go to bed at 8. last year for the summer I did let my then 4 year old stay up to 9 just because it was so light out still he couldn't fall asleep.

HanaJoii
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My 2 year is in his bed by 7:30 every night unless we take him to a evening function. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)