Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abcmouse.com

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 69 Replies

Do you have this for your child or children?

ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy

by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM

we used starfall because I didn't want to pay for internet stuff we hardly use. lol. I've heard good things about it though.

Saydar
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I've wondered about that... never tried it, though.

mama2b100808
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM

So far it is great. She is learning so much and we just started her maybe this past Friday. And even some of the schools are doing this in their classrooms. So we thought it would be great. 

Quoting Saydar:

I've wondered about that... never tried it, though.

mama2b100808
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I totally understand. I have tried to find other learning sites but so far this one is doing better than the others. 

Quoting .Angelica.:

we used starfall because I didn't want to pay for internet stuff we hardly use. lol. I've heard good things about it though.

.Angelica.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

have you tried the leapfrog dvd's? my son loved them and learned so much. he is reading a 5th grade level at 5 years old.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I totally understand. I have tried to find other learning sites but so far this one is doing better than the others. 

Quoting .Angelica.:

KPJ
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I am dying to get my daughter into this.. But I don't have a laptop or iPad.. And when I let her use the PC she just starts unplugging stuff lol but as soon as I get the laptop or iPad that's the first thing I'm going to do!!
mama2b100808
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM

they are on netflix so she has learned a lot from them too but not enough to be reading. I really wish she was reading. 

Quoting .Angelica.:

have you tried the leapfrog dvd's? my son loved them and learned so much. he is reading a 5th grade level at 5 years old.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting .Angelica.:

michellej428
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I actually just got the free trial membership last night just to see what it was. But ds is 5 and so far it's all stuff he has already learned atleast a year or two ago. Once we near the end of the free trial I'll decide if it's worth the money. I'm guessing it's better for younger kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM

the ones on netflix aren't the ones that really taught my son to read. they have other videos that more teach about putting words together and sounding out more complex words.

Quoting mama2b100808:

they are on netflix so she has learned a lot from them too but not enough to be reading. I really wish she was reading. 

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting .Angelica.:

mama2b100808
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM

How old is she?

Quoting KPJ:

I am dying to get my daughter into this.. But I don't have a laptop or iPad.. And when I let her use the PC she just starts unplugging stuff lol but as soon as I get the laptop or iPad that's the first thing I'm going to do!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)