Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool lunch

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 17 Replies
My daughter will be starting in a 4-5 year old preschool class where she has to bring her own lunch. Previously lunch has been served at her school. So I'm trying to decide on the best way to send it with her. What type of cups do you use? At home she mostly uses a Tupperware tumbler with sipper lid (to protect from spills). I'm worried that something may spill inside of Her lunch bag.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM

My kids do juice boxes for school cuz they are easier.  They also get a water bottle in their side pocket of their backpack for thru the day.  I bought them each a small Klean Kanteen from PBK.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 29, 2013 at 11:30 PM

My DD uses a water bottle

itsm3
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

i pack dd's lunch for school (JK) every day.  we use a thermos for hot lunches and a regular tupperware for fruit/veggies.  for water, she brings this:

it's leak proof and easy to open for little hands/fingers.  bought it at walmart.  even if you don't press the lid down, it doesn't leak.   made by thermos too.  keeps water cold for up to 5hrs as well.

colins_mom
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 7:42 AM
my son has one of these too (obviously no hello kitty lol) I love it!! he just takes this or a juice box/capri sun to school

Quoting itsm3:

i pack dd's lunch for school (JK) every day.  we use a thermos for hot lunches and a regular tupperware for fruit/veggies.  for water, she brings this:

it's leak proof and easy to open for little hands/fingers.  bought it at walmart.  even if you don't press the lid down, it doesn't leak.   made by thermos too.  keeps water cold for up to 5hrs as well.

Maries_Mom23
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I have always bought my girls the Thermos drink cup (has the straw that pops up when you open it) and the Thermos soup cup. The stores always have the ones with the cool characters on them.   And I don't use the soup cup for just soup.  I have been known to put leftovers in it.  Heat it up in the morning and it was still hot for lunch time.  Chicken nuggets, spaghetti, my oldest had me put mashed potatoes with chicken fried steak on top once!  And I have never had one to spill! :)

STVUstudent
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM

My pre-K and kinder kids get a thermos that has a straw attached... flip open the top, the straw pokes up, cold drink.  They are metal, and have all kinds of kiddy designs... our Walmart and Target have them where they keep the lunchboxes off season.  I use the thermos for the beverage, and plastic boxes or zip top bags for everything else...

bzzybeemomof3
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Mostly mine use juice boxes. But they also take a thermos for drinks like milk if they want it that day. Just a small thermos, and then they just pack a straw to use or drink right from the thermos.

We have never had any spills.

scoffin02
by New Member on May. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Thanks everyone.. I was totally clueless. These comments are very helpful!
faeryfrog
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
This is what nmy girls use too

Quoting itsm3:

mommyofnoah208
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Agree that water bottles would be great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)