Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Language

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:18 AM
  • 16 Replies
Anyone speak multiple languages?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepperbepper
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Nope, but i wish i spoke spanish!
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I took Spanish in school, but hardly know anymore. I am thinking about starting up Spanish with my 5 year old this fall. I did used to know quite a bit of sign language, but again have forgotten a lot
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM
That is how I feel!

Quoting stepperbepper:

Nope, but i wish i spoke spanish!
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I took a TON of French growing up but have forgotten most of it.  My kids started French in their Montessori.  My dd counts in French better than English right now.  I wish I would have kept up with it.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I know a little bit of 5 different languages, but not fluently. My son knows a bit of 2 other languages. My husband speaks 7 other languages fluently. English is his 8th language.

veraxaudeo
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM
English is my main language, but I know a fair amount of Spanish. At one point, I was almost fluent in Spanish, but I haven't used it in so long that my skills are rusty.
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM
So cool that they are learning it, learn again with them!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I took a TON of French growing up but have forgotten most of it.  My kids started French in their Montessori.  My dd counts in French better than English right now.  I wish I would have kept up with it.

mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Oh wow! That is awesome

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

I know a little bit of 5 different languages, but not fluently. My son knows a bit of 2 other languages. My husband speaks 7 other languages fluently. English is his 8th language.

mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
:) nice

Quoting veraxaudeo:

English is my main language, but I know a fair amount of Spanish. At one point, I was almost fluent in Spanish, but I haven't used it in so long that my skills are rusty.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I wish LOL!  They just learn basic vocab that I already know ;)  If I hadn't been so lazy I could have had them speaking basic sentences but such is life.  I took a refresher class at a local community college but to be conversational you have to be immersed and I don't really have access to that.  With my luck they'll pick Spanish as their language in high school and I won't be able to help them :) 

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

So cool that they are learning it, learn again with them!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)