Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hydrating my sick kid...

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
Is ridiculously hard. She keeps refusing to drink what I give her. She will drink some water but that's been it. I had her dad buy her a special drink. All she has done is complain about it. She normally would love it. I finally sent her to her room because she spit the drimk out on the table. I used to think a sick baby was bad, my 5 month old has been an angel. Its the sick 3.5 year olds that will make you pull your hair out!
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM
PEdialyte, powered, gatorade
jamesmommy32404
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM
just get her to drink whatever she wants besides dairy...she is gonna dehydrate if you dont...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeELE
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Have you tried the Pedialyte freezer pops? Sometimes they work well because it goes down at an even pace and feels like a treat.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
They didn't have the freezer pops so I got the liquid. She keeps complaining because she didn't get popsicles. Thats what I get for mentioning them before I was sure they had them.

Quoting aeELE:

Have you tried the Pedialyte freezer pops? Sometimes they work well because it goes down at an even pace and feels like a treat.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM
She normally loves that stuff. She is just being stubborn because she knows I want her to have it.

Quoting MixedCooke:

PEdialyte, powered, gatorade

OBImomma
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
My 3.5yo is the most awful sick person I've ever met. She likes to drink bubbles (sprite) when she's sick. And that's about it.

Hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Do you have icecube trays? Make pedialyte icepops, just stick a baby spoon or fork in as the stick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeELE
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Oh no :(

Maybe lil's idea of making some in an icecube tray will help??
Good luck.

Quoting AspensMama1537:

They didn't have the freezer pops so I got the liquid. She keeps complaining because she didn't get popsicles. Thats what I get for mentioning them before I was sure they had them.

Quoting aeELE:

jamesmommy32404
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
give her regular popsicles then...my ds doc said as long as they get some type of liquid it did not matter...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)