Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 25 Replies
12 moms liked this

Welcome to the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common topics facing moms with toddlers and preschoolers.

Plus, see what moms are talking about today in Toddlers & Preschoolers.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

Thank you for being part of the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkic023
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Hi! This post seems to be all about my daughter. She's 4 and we just had a baby girl in May, so I know she is adjusting, however, she does not listen...she simply just doesn't listen and I am at a loss as to what to do. Nothing seems to work. She is also the pickiest eater ever!!! She is starting school in September and my biggest anxiety is what to give her for lunch everyday. And lastly she refuses to do #2 on the potty. Again, just simply refuses to...she just poops in her underwear...needless to say its been a battle, and did I mention I have a newborn who still does not sleep during the night lol
Mkirby41910
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Wow! You sure do have a lot going on! Mt daughter is three and just recently "decided" it was a good idea to use the potty on her own! It's been quite a battle with that. She used to throw fits about going potty. But I made it fun. I gathered all the pennies and dimes I could. when she went #1 she put a penny in the jar, dime for #2. She loves it! What have you tried to reward her?
lovemusic24
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Thankyou so much, this is very helpful.

_ClearFruit_
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Need this most definitely. This has been the hardest year. As of now I have a 4, 23month old, and a 5month old. My 4yr old has started pre k. She behaves well there,but at home she is a terror. She does not listen, and when you do tell her to do someone she'll have an outburst. The 23month old is even worse, she's not speaking well, and screams when you tell her something, plus she's constantly bothering the baby. I am at a lost, I'm doing it by myself and its getting overwhelming.
katnmarismom
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 21 months and when she pees in her diaper she will try taking it off and says "I pee" but she wont tell me before she peea in her diaper
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Dec. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Have you introduced her to the potty yet?

Quoting katnmarismom: My daughter is 21 months and when she pees in her diaper she will try taking it off and says "I pee" but she wont tell me before she peea in her diaper

foul7789
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually you should take her to the potty every 15 to 15 minutes, so you can try to get her when she needs to pee, obviously in the potty.  And what I did with my kids was take their diapers off completely during the day.  It´s the most effective way to teach them. This way they understand that peeing out of the potty is "bad".  And when they do pee in the potty you should either reward them or clap your hands, for example, and let them know they did a great job.

MamiSI
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:38 AM
My daughter 23 months old uses the potty as long and her diaper or training pants are off. If they are on that's where she goes.
YMoM22Girls
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Great post. VERY HELPFUL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN