Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when should I worry

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 15 Replies
My son is 3 1/2 and has absolutely positively no interest in going potty in the toilet. We have tried on a potty chair, the seat you put on the normal toilet and the just him standing on a step stool to pee and nothing! I have tried rewards: suckers, stickers, toys, etc. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Have you tried sticking him in underwear for a week? He may dislike going potty in his underwear and start using the potty.

kalejames2010
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I have done that and he doesn't care if they get wet or poopy.

Quoting PEEK05:

Have you tried sticking him in underwear for a week? He may dislike going potty in his underwear and start using the potty.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
What's the longest hes been in underwear during the day? At 3 1/2 I say put/keep him in underwear and leave it alone. Put it all on him.

Quoting kalejames2010:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalejames2010
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I have done it all day for a week straight and gave up because he refused to go on one of the potties.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

What's the longest hes been in underwear during the day? At 3 1/2 I say put/keep him in underwear and leave it alone. Put it all on him.

Quoting kalejames2010:

Quoting PEEK05:

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Well the good news is that you don't need to worry at any point. He absolutely will train. Hes just going to be on the later side. Eh, so what. Potty training age is not a question on a college app or at a job interview. You can either stop "training" for a while and have him in pullups for a while longer or commit to underwear and have that be that. With the warm weather, you can try bare bottom outside (assuming you have a private backyard). Good luck!

Quoting kalejames2010:

I have done it all day for a week straight and gave up because he refused to go on one of the potties.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting kalejames2010:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Look up the naked method. That's what worked for me. Good Luck.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

If he has a stubburn personality you need to wait until it is HIS idea. You are only going to frustrate yourself by forcing the issue. And if people have comments about him not being trained I'm sure they'll get over it =) People make way too big of a deal about it.

face84
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM

my oldest didnt even show intrest until he was four.  

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

bump

stepperbepper
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Oooh....i have the same problem! I'm going to try this this week.

Quoting PEEK05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)