Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have talked about whether or not we are overprotective but...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

What about daddy?  Is he overprotective or more laid back?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Denisia1989
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If he was out and around our daughter then I would say yes he is slightly overprotective. But I have him beat by a long shot.

CafeMom Tickers
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
We are the same. We give our kids enough space to learn and try new things. We are there to help when needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM

i'm not sure overprotective is the right word. he's more strict and won't let the kids do as much.

boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM
He's not careful enough. For the most part he's fine, but its important to me that he watches the boys while they are outside because we live on a busy street and the 2 year old runs off. But he always does yard work or cleans out the cars and his back is to them. Plus he'll leave them alone in the tub for minutes at a time. We've had numerous talks about this.
robibuni
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I don't think either of us are super overprotective.

I want our girls to feel like we're there when they need us, but have plenty of independence. I will say he's a bit harder on our girls though.

Ktina11
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg! I thought I was the only one with a hubby like this. He does the exact same thing! And we argue about it all the time. I don't feel he puts them before yardwork. He thinks I am saying he is a bad parent....I am way more protective than he is. But he will swear he is just as cautious and aware as I am. I was always on pins when the boys were smaller...it has gotten better now that they are older.

Quoting boysrjoys2:

He's not careful enough. For the most part he's fine, but its important to me that he watches the boys while they are outside because we live on a busy street and the 2 year old runs off. But he always does yard work or cleans out the cars and his back is to them. Plus he'll leave them alone in the tub for minutes at a time. We've had numerous talks about this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am certainly overprotective, but with his food allergies I have to be.  Daddy's more laid back, and that's gotten him sick before :(

Wendsdy
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

My husband is not over protective at all.  He doesn't watch them closely. He turns his back all the time where he can't watch what they are doing.  I watch closely but I wouldn't call it over protective because I let them do things but just watch closely. I have to..my little one is only 3 and needs to be watched closely. 

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I am not but Dh is. I am normally the one who takes them outside so it is hilarious when he takes them out and to watch him freak out about things he doesnt know they are capable of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Much more laid back. When DS was 15 months old and messing around with the electrical outlets, instead of DH telling him No no, he showed him how to properly hold the plug and insert it. His reasoning was, if he's going to do, he needs to be safe about it...I don't want him holding onto the metal prongs while trying to plug in something.

How about he doesn't plug in anything??? We quickly outfitted all of the outlets we use frequently with the slide covers so if DS unplugges an item, he couldn't plug it back in. 

And I wonder why I have gray hairs....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)