Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
Okay, I am raging mad. The women that has my little brother Joseph (23 months) has been leaving him a bottle of milk propped up at night while he sleeps. Yes he is still on a bottle and a bink and we think he is still in diapers with no attempts to potty train him right now. Well the women took him to the doctor and he told her that Bean aka Joseph's front two teeth were rotted due to the milk on his teeth every night! What is going to have to be done they are all busted up and rotted he isn't even 2 yet.. How is this going to affect the way he develops and progresses until his adult teeth come in? Please help I love this little boy with all my heart and all I want is the best for my baby boy ... Please if anyone can help I beg of you please...
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM

i don't know mom. Maybe, 1st you take him to a pedi then a dentist pedi then maybe a speech language pathologist to know what to do about the articulation issue -- IF one presents itself. hugs.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

So this woman has custody of your brother or is watching him? I get from your chocie of words has custody maybe temp care or smething? Correct me if I am wrong?

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM

They will probably pull the teeth and hopefully the adult teeth will not be affected.  His speech may be affected by the loss of the teeth though.  The assistant at our preschool just adopted a little boy with similar issues.  His birth mother was young and did the same thing.  He has gold caps on most of his back teeth and the front tops were pulled.  He'll be 4 in August.

Is she a babysitter or guardian?

Tannere1
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The women is a foster parent at the moment but I'm trying to get him down here he is in NC and I'm in FL I'm going up there the 25th and getting that women in trouble with the Social Worker... I'm just so concerned and scared and mad... frustrated

PEEK05
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Wow that is really sad. :(

Karopie_99
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I'm confused he's your baby brother.... then you say my baby boy?
xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

How old are you? Can you take him?

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Hopefully they will decide to place him with you. A loving family member seems like a better option for him! Until then, you don't have much control unfortunately. :(

Quoting Tannere1:

The women is a foster parent at the moment but I'm trying to get him down here he is in NC and I'm in FL I'm going up there the 25th and getting that women in trouble with the Social Worker... I'm just so concerned and scared and mad... frustrated

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I have a cousin who let her kid get bottle rot and they had to pull her teeth she is 3 now and her speech is severely affected. The dentist doesn't even recommend a bottle after 1 her mother clearly just didn't listen.
Tannere1
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yes he is my baby brother but I say baby boy because I love as if he is my own... And I am 17 and in FL ... Will social services take him away from the women he is with (which is no relation to me or him) when they find out about his teeth? If his speech is majorly effected what do you all suggest I do ... Please help me I love him so much and I just want what is best for him ... He is the only thing I have left in this world....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN