Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eczema and Sunscreen

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

Does anyone who has experience with eczema know of a sunscreen to use on toddlers? I found California Baby but the price is outrageous. Is there anything else out there that is still safe for a better price?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I am not sure. But maybe aveeno baby or nutrogena baby
mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

try your local natural foods store, the prices will be a bit higher, but it really is worth it.

or look online!  drugstore.com has some amazing products at great prices!

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything with listed active ingredients that only contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM

bump. no clue.

itsm3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

try badger or green beaver. 

i would definitely go with an all natural sunscreen product than chemical since eczema sufferers have sensitive skin (me). 

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I like Earth's Best.  Its more expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. Its really thick, so even if you tried to use the "usual" amount, it won't rub in well.  Works very well for both of my excema laden children :)

mom248
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Thnak you! That is so much cheaper than California Baby! Is there a store that carrys it or do you buy online?

Quoting corrinacs:

I like Earth's Best.  Its more expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. Its really thick, so even if you tried to use the "usual" amount, it won't rub in well.  Works very well for both of my excema laden children :)

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM

You may be able to find it at Target.  I find it at health food stores (Whole Foods or Wegman's).

Amazon is sure to carry it :)

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Sunblock-SPF30-4-Ounces/dp/B000V76ANI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372104359&sr=8-1&keywords=earth%27s+best+sunscreen

Quoting mom248:

Thnak you! That is so much cheaper than California Baby! Is there a store that carrys it or do you buy online?

Quoting corrinacs:

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I researched a lot because anytime I put sunblock on my son, he breaks out and turns bright red.  I started using coppertone water babies sunscreen stick on his face and haven't had any problems.

bbshopbrat
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM
What do you consider outrageous? For me protecting my child doesn't have a cap, I would jump through hoops to get what was needed. For the eczema go totally gluten free (whole family) for 90 days and increase the EFAs for those affected by eczema. PM me for the other stuff I had to do to benefit my DD eczema and health issues of my family (all 5 of us.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)