Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Have your LOs ever been in daycare?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 52 Replies

My first was in daycare from 10 months-23 months while we were recovering from my husband's year long lay-off.  I had to work to help get us off the assistance we were on when that happened. Thankfully she was able to attend where I worked, got a 50% off discount, was only there for 2-3 times a week and not full days.

I tried working in a daycare for two months when my children were 3 and 8 months, and they would come with me to work and I would work in their rooms, but I quit after two months.  I've been home since and don't plan on working.

My kids are now 4, 2, and 4 months. :)

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
He has been in parents morning out programs but never full on daycare
KPJ
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM
No yet..I'm scared..lol I want for them to socialized with children their age...but I haven't found a daycare with web cameras by my house where I can see them when I want to... I guess once my son is 8 months I will get a baby sitter for both my daughter and him so i can finally work again! by then my daughter will be 2 1/2 years old
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM
No, I quit work a month before our first was born. We now have 3
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
No my grandmother watched them when I was at work or school. They both started preschool at 3
sophiesmom07
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

No, I've always been home with them.

mommyofnoah208
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM
No. Well he went for about 45 mins once to the one i worked at before he was born. But besides that i have always been home with them. Occassionally have been watched by a friend, family for an appt or something
harream
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

No, we have 3 and I stay home with them. I was watching a little one for awhile but this is my last wk

liss05
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM

DS yes for a few hours just for socialization and DD she has never been to daycare.

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My daughter was in head start for 2 years but it was so much more than daycare to me. She had real teachers and learned so much. My son has never been in daycare and will never have to be, he was in Pre-k last year at our school here ( we have one ) and next year kindergarten all day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
No, I stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN