Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

need help with clingy one year old

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom2boys80
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM

i went back to work after about a month after i had her, she is very clingy to me, she is ok with other people if i am not in the room but she wont let most people touch her or get to close when i am around, feels she always needs to be within my bubble. (i fear this could cause issues down the road)  i realize she is small still and i should enjoy it but i do have two other children who need my attention also.  please help

GoldenLinds
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
As frustrating as it is I think a lot of this is one of those things you nust have to push through. If you try to create distance she will get insecure and therefore more clingy. By reassuring her she can be there she'll get the confidence to distance herself eventually. I know it sucks. In the meantime try to find ways of involving her with her own space. Like if I have a lot of cooking to do and my son wants to be on top of me I get him a bowl and spoon and soe ingredients to mix up. Usually cereal and raisins or sonething like. Hes making his snack mix and then we save it bit he gets to sit there at the counter working with me. If I'm cleaning I give him his rag and a space to work on, usualky windows or doors. Also you can help foster a stronger bond with others. Whenever my son comes and asks foe something and I'm busy I don't ask him to wait I tell him yes and then say but you need to ask uncle kyle or ask daddy. Whoever is around. Then I help him ask. Then he sees others can do for him too. And on those days when nothing elae helps I pu t him in his sling until he is asleep.
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

this is exactly how my daughter is, and how my son was. it will get better. I just let my son be and he eventually got better about it on his own. and my daughter is only 18 months so she is still doing this.

Quoting mom2boys80:

i went back to work after about a month after i had her, she is very clingy to me, she is ok with other people if i am not in the room but she wont let most people touch her or get to close when i am around, feels she always needs to be within my bubble. (i fear this could cause issues down the road)  i realize she is small still and i should enjoy it but i do have two other children who need my attention also.  please help

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Here is a bump......I have 3 kids and none of which were ever clingy kids. lol

mom2boys80
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I worked full time until about a week ago. Staying him because 9 year old is off meds for summer and is difficult for others to handle when he is off them. I can't just let her fuss when I walk into the other room because her daddy works nights and is asleep until midday. I try to place her within my bubble and accomplish things but 75% I can't pee without her on my lap. Sometimes I wish she was at Daycare for a portion of the day still so I can give him needed attention and not get so stressed about her. My boys weren't like this. Ugh.
mom2boys80
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Part of me feels like I should talk to the doc about my end of it. It shouldn't stress me like it does.
GoldenLinds
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
If Its stressing you out that muchthen its definitely worth saying something. Having a gew days where you need to escape for your sanity is normal but feeling that way everyday is not exactly good. Also see if there is a moms day out program in your area. Its usually a drop in style care center so you can get a day to go destress a little. Will she scream and cry at first? Yes. But that can't stop you because you need a break for Her benefit as much as yours!

Quoting mom2boys80:

Part of me feels like I should talk to the doc about my end of it. It shouldn't stress me like it does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN