Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What kind of gift do I give for a kindergarten graduation party?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 18 Replies

We were invited to a kindergarten graduation party and I'm wondering what to give as a gift. My son is friends with the boy's little brother and we don't really know the kindergarten graduate at all. I've never been to this kind of party so I'm clueless. 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma129
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
A what? Lol....were seriously throwing kindergartners graduation parties now? aye aye. im going to have some very misfortunate children then...idk what to get him. honestly a card and 5 bucks would be it if i felt obligated.
HLmom89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I agree, the kid is not graduatig high school or college. I would get him a card or maybe a small toy.
My kids wont be getting a kindergarten grad party. They will get a high school and college grad party.
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
No gift? It's freaking kindergarten, for Pete's sake. If you're not close to the graduate, I honestly wouldn't get anything.

I wouldn't expect anything either, if I chose to throw my kid a graduation party from kindergarten.
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Lol, I honestly would probably not go to a Kindergarten graduation party, especially for someone I didn't know very well. I think that is a little too over the top. If you really feel the need to get something I would keep it small like a $5-$10 gift card maybe.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I'm kind of with you on this one.  But, if you are invited, I'd bring something small.  Like a few coloring books from the dollar store. 

But perhaps the child's birtdhay is like the first day of school and therefore he doesn't erally get a "birthday" with his friends.  My son is almost like that :/.

Quoting EthansMomma129:

A what? Lol....were seriously throwing kindergartners graduation parties now? aye aye. im going to have some very misfortunate children then...idk what to get him. honestly a card and 5 bucks would be it if i felt obligated.

mjande4
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM

(Inserts eyeroll) A kindergarten "graduation" party!? Give me a break. Nothing, because the kid didn't achieve ANYTHING. Yikes

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I'd do books...

WildPowerMom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM

My niece graduated 5th grade this year and didn't get a party.  They took her to any restaurant she wanted to go and had the family celebrate that way.  A gift giving party?!  Um... okay.

For my niece I probably would have given her a Target Gift Card with a really nice card saying to spend the money on something fun to have for her first day at Middle School.  I know $10 isn't much, but graduating 5th grade isn't much either.  Even the laziest drop outs usually pull it through 6th grade.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I honestly wouldn't bring a gift. It's Kindergarten, not high school or college. 

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I never heard of that before.  I gave my daughter a necklace from Claires. They had a ceremony at school so I wanted to get her a little something.  She loved it! That of course wouldn't work for a little boy.  I would say  a gift card for the local ice cream shop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)