Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting permanent sharpie marker off things

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 24 Replies
So my 2 lil ones got those sharpie markers in some spots here & there & im trying to fig out the best way to get it off w/o an entire day of scrubbing (not that i have a prob w cleaning but its hard to make kids clean up their own mess when it takes all day to do it), w o too much expense im on a major budget.
So the spots r the white kitchen cabinet, the white fridge, the sink & a bit of pen on the wall.
Any helpful ideas please feel free to send my way. Thank u
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goobersmom713
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Mr.clean magic erasers work awesome for that kind of stuff
BLUMENSH9
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Baby wipes have been known to clean marks like that off of things.
CafeMom Tickers
milf0811
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Agreed ;)

Quoting goobersmom713:

Mr.clean magic erasers work awesome for that kind of stuff

corrinacs
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Pen on the wall, fairly easy.  Get yourself a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  That will take care of any marks on the wall.  Heck, give it a shot on the sharpie marks on the otgher things.  I don't know if ti will work or not.....but its pretty good at these kinds of messes.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

try rubbing alcohol or hair spray. also finger nail polish remover.. but test small unseen spot first so no discoloring.

Lissa14
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Mr clean magic erasers :)
JeniLynn112
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:47 AM

This is gonna sound crazy, but bear with me. . . .if you take a dry erase marker and go over the marks the cuties left on cabinets and such it will take the permenant marker off. The alcohol in the dry erase markers breaks down the permenant ones. I promise it works, I have had the same thing happen to me!!

lovinmy3girlies
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM
If its on harder surfaces, pink erasers work wonders! I use to draw all over stuff when I was in school w sharpies and it works
OBImomma
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Mr. Clean magic erasers. My de drew with a sharpie around the walls of the living. It took theatls right off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
my son got sharpie on my kitchen table and plain white toothpaste got it out without taking the finish off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)