Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last Drink

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 28 Replies

How long before bedtime do your LOs stop drinking?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andy88
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
My 4 yr old used to take a cup of water to bed, she also used to pee the bed almost every night. I had to make her stop. So I started making her get a "last drink". And I made sure she knew it was her last, one hour before bed. And I made her pee in the potty as part of her bedtime routine.
OBImomma
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
They get s little drink right before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Denisia1989
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM

my 3 yr old dd takes a cup of water to bed. Its incase she gets on a coughing spell in the middle of the night

CafeMom Tickers
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

when my son was younger I wouldn't let him drink anything after 6-7 (bedtime at 8) but now that he's older he is fine to drink whenever. of course I don't let him chug a bunch right before bed, but a little water or something he's fine with. My daughter is only 18 months so she still drinks when she wants and however much she wants.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't pay attention or limit fluids...especially in this heat. AAP doesn't recommend limiting toddler fluids and I follow that advice. If they are thirsty, they get a drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I dont limit their fluids.  They are 5.5 and 3 and still get warm milk before bed.  The tryptophan helps them to fall asleep faster. 

iansmommy9
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM

We let our son who's almost 3 take a cup of water to bed. We have been extremely fortunate that he's only wet the bed twice in 8 months of being potty trained.

Adrienne06
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM

My son is 2.5 years old and I don't limit it. He takes a cup of water to bed with him and he wakes up in the middle of the night to pee.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

My son drinks all the way up till he goes to bed. I don't limit it. He's never had an accident at night, he will wake up to pee if he has to.

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
They get a sip (or 10. Lol) before going potty and brushing teeth then bed. Its hot, and even with AC my kids sweat like crazy at night. So i dont limit drinks and they bring water to their rooms
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)