Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Can your kids swim? If not, what do you put on them to help them float?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 25 Replies

Can your kids swim? If not, what do you put on them to help them float? Swimmies? Flotation vest?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muppet_mom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I tried several things and found puddle jumpers to be the best and are coast guard approved.  Found mine at Target

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Yep me too! They're great!

Quoting muppet_mom:

I tried several things and found puddle jumpers to be the best and are coast guard approved.  Found mine at Target

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids all swim, but my almost 5 yr old has never worn floaties or a life jacket ever, she swims alone with us in the pool or on the deckside. My 17 month old is doing the doggy paddle and will float on her back while I stand beside her, no floaties or life jacket either.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My daughter wears an Aquajogger. Best thing ever!
MommyofRnW
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Mobile Photo

Swim schoolvest for my 2 yr old love it! Arm swimmies for my 5 yr old. Here's a pic
erinmomofone
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
My daughter 5 years old wears a lifejacket when we go swimming.....she can swim but she can't swim well enough to not wear one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

They don't swim. I use floaties. My ds has a floatie vest.  They are never left unattended. 

PEEK05
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Not yet.  My 4 year old uses the puddle jumpers.  She is in swim lessons again this year and this is the first level that they actually start to teach them how to swim independently.  she is excited! I haven't found out what to do for my 2 year old yet. :/ We take him in the water and practice floating on his back and front, as wel as kicking arms and legs, but he needs a flotation device. 

LAH2x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My almost 5 year old is in swim lessons but just beginning, she wears a Aqua leisure foam pad trainer. It was the closest I could find to the foam pad backpack thing they wear for swim lessons.

auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM
my 11 year old can swim but we put our 18 month old in a float and swimmies on him..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)