Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Second Birthday In October...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 39 Replies
My daughter will be 2 on October 19th! Wow, where has the time gone?
Anyways I have no idea of what the theme should be! I want to start slowly buying stuff online now so I'm not spending a lot of money all at once. (And who knows how broke we will be then) haha.

So throw some ideas at me!
I already ruled out Holloween cause I'm sure she will want to do that a lot later when she's actually exciting about dressing up.

Oh and her cousin has the same birthday (they were born on the same day, the same hospital) weird huh.
And we might do a joined birthday but my sister hasn't decided yet. So throw some gender neutral ones out there if ya want!

Sorry this is so long haha. :))
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
keisha613
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Happy early birthday to your LO!!  My youngest will be 2 October 3 and I still haven't thought about birthday party theme.  What does she like?  Mine is big on pretending to cook and oddly acting like a pirate.  I may do a Jake the Pirate theme.  That's really cool she shares a birthday with her cousin!!  A joint birthday party would be a great idea, considering their twin status. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I always base the theme off what my son is interested at the time. His first birthday was Elmo, and his 2nd, 3rd (and probably 4th) is Thomas the Train. Just go with whatever she enjoys the most. If she has a party with her cousin, go with a theme they both like, like a certain color, animal, character, etc

PEEK05
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

LOL for my daughter's second birthday party we did a pink and black theme!

SaraNicole1019
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Oh that's cute! She isn't really interested in too much of one thin yet. She likes Bubble Guppies, and ducks! Haha.
I was thinking of doing a Pirate and Mermaid theme birthday for if we do one together. Or just do a mermaid theme. But I don't know if it would be kinda weird to do in October. Lol.

Quoting keisha613:

Happy early birthday to your LO!!  My youngest will be 2 October 3 and I still haven't thought about birthday party theme.  What does she like?  Mine is big on pretending to cook and oddly acting like a pirate.  I may do a Jake the Pirate theme.  That's really cool she shares a birthday with her cousin!!  A joint birthday party would be a great idea, considering their twin status. 

michelles89
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd will be 1 that day! We're trying to schedule her bday at the local pumpkin patch and her theme is Minnie mouse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool my son will be 2 yr old dec 28 i am trying to think on his too but we got to do oldest sons b day next month on the 9th.
sophiesmom07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Omg, there are so many cute themes!  If she likes Bubble Guppies, how about a sea theme or mermaid theme?   

Mermaids Party Packs, 78351

sophiesmom07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

If you do a joint party, maybe a carnival theme or barn yard theme? 

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
DD's birthday is in September, but due to wildfires in the area last year, we had to leave town and didn't have too much of a theme. She really enjoys Dr. Seuss, so she had a Cat in the Hat cake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraNicole1019
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a cute idea! All the pumpkin patches where we live are so crowde on weekends (due to there being only 2) haha. But I love that!

And that is so cool that she was born on that day! Love love love! :)

Quoting michelles89:

My dd will be 1 that day! We're trying to schedule her bday at the local pumpkin patch and her theme is Minnie mouse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN