Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I am afraid to leave my daughter alone with anyone...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

other than me, her father or my dad! i have my reasons, but its gotten worst for me.  at first when she was first born, i had a super hard time, bc when i had my other daughter, me and my ex broke up and we would spilt seeing her until court, well i gave her to him one day for his time and i never seen her again until after court, then i was afraid that was going ot happen, even in the hospital, i would cry everytime they took her, i had a really hard time leaving her with anyone i was so afraid someone would take her away from me (something like that that i went thorugh can be life changing) My 17 month old has seen her grand mother (on my husband side) only 2 or 3 times only stayed the night with her like once. i know this isnt good for her bc she doesnt get use to anyone other than me my dad and my husband. well that being taken away fear has subsided. but now idk, today my husband arranged for my in laws to take my daughter for the weekend, we really need this, i mean, i havnt had a moment without her since god knows when, me and my husband have had no alone time at all and it started stressing our marriage, so this is a really great idea, except for the fact im paranoid.  Im worried something will happen, so many bad things happen to kids her age and im afraid. his mom is a great mother idk what my issue is, but they just got this dog and now im paranoid about the dog, i have 2 dogs but they are greatt with her idk this dog, what if he hurts her? this is driving me nuts, shes suppose to be going tonight so any advice would be apperciated, i did talk to my huband about it already, he assured me everything will be fine but idk! he says he will check the dog out first before leaving her. 

please refrain from asking questions about my other daughter, this is about my youngest. 

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Can't people just visit without having to take her overnight? Or take her for a couple hours so you and hubby can go on a date? I don't have much advice mama, my dd is 2 and has never been away from us. If family members want to see us, we go to them or they come visit us. My mom is the most involved and sleeps over our place pretty much every other weekend. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterrain
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM

its a long drive to sorta do a few hours otherwise yeah that would be great lol!  shes almost 2 hours away, she really wants to spend time with her she cries alot when shes around so she has like no idea who her daddys side is! but thanks anyways

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Can't people just visit without having to take her overnight? Or take her for a couple hours so you and hubby can go on a date? I don't have much advice mama, my dd is 2 and has never been away from us. If family members want to see us, we go to them or they come visit us. My mom is the most involved and sleeps over our place pretty much every other weekend. ((Hugs))

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Aww that's tough that they're far away. I'm sure you can call and check on her such as you want, maybe that will ease your mind a bit? :)

Quoting glitterrain:

its a long drive to sorta do a few hours otherwise yeah that would be great lol!  shes almost 2 hours away, she really wants to spend time with her she cries alot when shes around so she has like no idea who her daddys side is! but thanks anyways

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterrain
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM

LOl oh i think it might actually, i will call every minute if i have to! if anyhting ever happend to her idk what id do

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Aww that's tough that they're far away. I'm sure you can call and check on her such as you want, maybe that will ease your mind a bit? :)

Quoting glitterrain:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

DKk0531
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM
i had such a hard time leaving dd with anyone, still do. but not as bad. i had no choice when i had to leave her. i had to do emergency surgery and dh had to stay at the hospital with me. it was hard but dd stayed with mil for 4 days, well my mom for the days and mil at nights (my mom works nights), it was so extremely hard but i really had no choice. i was 14 weeks preg and very sick.

in the hospital when dd was born, i went into the bathroom and while i was in there my ex dropped dd at 4 days old. no it wasent an accident, he put her in her carseat, on a table and walked away. she fell. if her own father could have almost killed her, how could i trust anyone else with her?

if it was by choice dd would not be alone with anyone but me and dh, but sometimes the best way to change is by force. me and dh have NEVER been on a date, even our wedding night was spent with dd. now, i have an easier time letting her go somewhere but its still there.

im sorry your going through this
glitterrain
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM

yep thats exactly what im afraid of, you hear all these stories all the time and you cant help but to think that something may or will go wrong! 

Quoting DKk0531:

i had such a hard time leaving dd with anyone, still do. but not as bad. i had no choice when i had to leave her. i had to do emergency surgery and dh had to stay at the hospital with me. it was hard but dd stayed with mil for 4 days, well my mom for the days and mil at nights (my mom works nights), it was so extremely hard but i really had no choice. i was 14 weeks preg and very sick.

in the hospital when dd was born, i went into the bathroom and while i was in there my ex dropped dd at 4 days old. no it wasent an accident, he put her in her carseat, on a table and walked away. she fell. if her own father could have almost killed her, how could i trust anyone else with her?

if it was by choice dd would not be alone with anyone but me and dh, but sometimes the best way to change is by force. me and dh have NEVER been on a date, even our wedding night was spent with dd. now, i have an easier time letting her go somewhere but its still there.

im sorry your going through this

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

my daughter is 18 months and hasn't spent more than 2 hours away from me. Nothing wrong with that. my son didn't start spending the night with grandparents until after 2 years old.

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I'm the same way, my 2.5 yr old daughter is always with me, and it's going to be that way for a very long time. My son is five and he spends weekends away at his grandparents. My rule is when they are old enough to ask and want to go, they can. I am very protective because growing up my mother wasn't and it caused a lot of damage. My son is fine, he's very comfortable with anyone, me protecting him up until now did absolutely no harm.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Idk, I see where you are coming from. Of course we all worry when our kids are away but I think its healthy for everyone for a lot of reasons. We try to get away a few times a year. I grew up with no extended family around. My moms parents died when I was young and my dads parents sucked so I had no relationship with them. I'm thankful we have everyone nearby and that they are willing to help us out. I'm grateful my kids will have amazing memories with their grandparents that I never had. I'm grateful my parents value my marriage and offer to take the kids so we can reconnect. We use babysitters every couple months too.

Hopefully all will go well this weekend and you'll gain some more confidence having her away. Enjoy your time with your hubby. Hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I dont like leaving my kids either. She is very young still, i have never peft my kids oven night that young. You will probably feel more comfortable as she gets older
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN