Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

She potty trained herself...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have been working on potty training my DD since she turned 2, she will be 3 in Sept. My oldest was fully potty trained during the day by 2 1/2, even out of night time diapers before she was 3. I thought it be the same with my 2nd especially since she has a older sister. But nothing has worked for her, we tried stickers, suckers, money, cheers. Nadda. She would not go! She would #2 on the floor, pee everywhere, she used pull ups as diapers, she would throw temper tantrums if I took her to the bathroom. So about 3mths ago I gave up, saying she would do it when she was ready. Well last Saturday she went to the bathroom in the morning and put on underwear. I decided to let her go with it, and since then she has only had 2 accidents, she even naps in underwear! #2 everything. Has anyone elses child ever done this? Basically potty training her/himself?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Bump

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

my son didn't potty train himself but he was pretty easy. my daughter seems like she will be pretty easy too, she's been getting super upset about having a dirty diaper on. it's just a matter of time now. congrats though!

tiredme
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My sister did this, one morning she just woke up and said I don't wear diapers anymore, I'm a big girl I wear underwear and that was that.  My daughter sounds like yours, she was going a few times a day from 18 months until 2 and then she just quit, she has only gone a handful of times sense.  That's awesome though.

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome!
debramommyof4
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My now 3 year old did. We had tried before but we ended up moving and things kept changing so we stopped. Well about a week ago she decided she did not want a diaper. Put on her panties and though she has had one or two accidents she has for the most part been fully potty trained. I am so proud of her.

Congrats to your dad.
lovinmy3girlies
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I don't even remember training my 1st Dd! Seriously. And she's only 5. She was out of diapers before 2 tho. My 2nd Dd.. I tried and tried and tried EVERYTHING but she wouldn't. I finally left it alone, then when she did it herself one day it was a high5 & a hug from me. No stickers, prize, treat, none had worked. She is now fully potty trained. She just kinda did it once she was ready I guess. She's 3, almost 4
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My son did this. He went without diapers one day and within a couple days he was fully day and night potty trained. I think it's so much quicker and easier to wait until they are ready!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, my oldest did
Mommynwife26
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Way easier! Though my oldest wasn't that hard I think her day care had a lot to do with it cause they would take her every hour to go and of course if she wanted to move up to the 3yr old room and play on the big play ground she needed to be potty trained so I think that helped her out lol. But yeah I was thinking that I would still have a 3yr old in diapers but they will be ready when they are ready! She has had a dry diaper in the morning for the last 2 mornings so we will see today it be nice to get her out of night time diapers too!

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

My son did this. He went without diapers one day and within a couple days he was fully day and night potty trained. I think it's so much quicker and easier to wait until they are ready!

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yeah we did the everything too. I read every potty training book and what to do nothing worked for her, some kids are just different. Mine is very stubborn and independant. In the end I guess I am not shocked she would take it upoon herself to do it in her own way cause that is how she is lol.

Quoting lovinmy3girlies:

I don't even remember training my 1st Dd! Seriously. And she's only 5. She was out of diapers before 2 tho. My 2nd Dd.. I tried and tried and tried EVERYTHING but she wouldn't. I finally left it alone, then when she did it herself one day it was a high5 & a hug from me. No stickers, prize, treat, none had worked. She is now fully potty trained. She just kinda did it once she was ready I guess. She's 3, almost 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN