Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

disneyland

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: do you think i should take him?

Options:

yes

no, still to young

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

my son is turning 2 next month and i want to take him to disneyland but i still dont know if he is at the right age he loves mickey mouse and the gang but idk what does everyone else think?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I think unless you plan on taking him again he is to young. He will not remember it and may be overwhelmed.
KPJ
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I will be taking my daughter after she turns 2 in December! I mean... Yeah she won't be able to go in a whole lot of rides because she still very little but she does love all Disney characters specially Minnie Mouse
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

As someone who went with her 3yo sister to Disney World many years ago, I can tell you its going to be very difficult.

The long lines, its hot outside, etc.  How do you plan to keep your toddler occupied while in the line?  And besides, many of the rides are either "too big" or "too scary".  I'd wait a few more years.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM
It would be more of a trip for you than for her.

I personally wouldn't because its so expensive....but a friend of mine used to buy yearly passes & bring her kids - 2 years apart, starting at age 1 - to Disney a few times a year (they had friends in the area so free nighttime accommodations). They went until their kids were 5 & 7 & too involved in sports to have time to go......
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM

personally, i wouldn't.  unless you live in the state, i wouldn't pay that kind of money for a trip he won't really fully enjoy yet.  i would give it until about 4ish but that's just me.

Cherish77
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I personally think 3 and over is a better age.  Buut 3 is still iffy. 5 is a prime age though.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM

He's still too young. He won't remember anything and won't be able to ride too many rides either. My parents took me when I was 4 and even at that age I don't remember a thing about it. 

mattsmate
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
At 2, my DD said she want to ride rides but when it came to getting on them she flipped. She did like tea cups (with no extra spinning) and I think she would have liked Small world but we didn't get there. And, she really needed a nap midday. My 3 yo niece did great. So, honestly, I would wait a year.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2012)

big smile mini

idlehands
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I've taken my kids every year since we moved 14 hours away from Disneyland a few years ago. My youngest was one and my oldest two the first time we went. Every year (including the first) my girls had an absolute blast. Their reactions as toddlers/preschoolers are wonderful to watch, because they truly believe they're meeting these characters and that it's all real.

Will they remember their first trip as adults? No. But they had fun in the moment and that's important too. :)

And almost all the rides do not have an age/heigh limit. So there would be plenty for him to do. A lot of people I know are concerned that their toddlers won't be able to go on much.

mrs.rhodan
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

i think i will just take him to a zoo or aquarium thank you for all the advice ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)