Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am at a loss of ideas!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

I need some advice. My 3 1/2 years old just spent a 30 day vaca at his dads house for the summer and has come back since last Sunday at noon unpotty trained, pouty and argues about everything with me. I am soon to loose my patience. :( What can I do? I printed out a potty and behavior chart but it appears Sky isnt interested in getting a sticker. We had a firm talk last night but he goes back to his dads for the weekend. How can I get him back to my sweet well manner not whiny little angel?! HELP PLEASE bc I have no more HAIR left!

bad

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

bump

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It is just going to take work. Kids go through stages when they can be a handful, I know my daughter did. My older two were not to bad. The different rules from your house to his dads can be tough to handle at that age

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
30 day vacation? He's probably having difficulty transitioning back....I would give him some time to readjust. I'm not sure I would let my under 10 child go away for an entire month - a 3 1/2 year old probably doesn't understand the situation.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree!

Quoting collinsmommy0:

30 day vacation? He's probably having difficulty transitioning back....I would give him some time to readjust. I'm not sure I would let my under 10 child go away for an entire month - a 3 1/2 year old probably doesn't understand the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I agree with this. Was the visit court ordered? It doesn't make sense that a court would order such a young child to spend so much time away from his mom. He probably felt abandoned by you and didn't know why you left him. If it was your own decision, you need to re-think it before permanent damage is done to this poor little boy.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

PEEK05
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Oh man, I'm sorry that happened. :( I wish I had some words of wisdom.

hockey21
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

communicate this behavior with your ex-husband, ask him what is going on at his house and tell him how your kid acts when he returns to you, tell the ex you are trying to raise the child the right way and not  bratty etc.on the other hand if your child still behaves badly I would not give into him, no special treats..no play time  until he behaves

TristanAndSky09
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Yes, Court ordered. Once Sky turned 3 his father started getting to have him everyother wkend certain holidays and 30 of summer every year. I talked to Sky every two days and saw him once a week for a few hours. He knew I didnot abandon him. He was constantly reminded that he would not stay with his dad forever, that it was only for a little bit and that he would come back home soon.

His father and I are unable to communicate so I cannot talk to him about Sky... He just blames me and tells me how horrible of a mother I am which is so far from any truth at all. I have tried and it is impossible. 

Quoting Kathy489:

I agree with this. Was the visit court ordered? It doesn't make sense that a court would order such a young child to spend so much time away from his mom. He probably felt abandoned by you and didn't know why you left him. If it was your own decision, you need to re-think it before permanent damage is done to this poor little boy.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

TristanAndSky09
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Kathy489:

Quoting collinsmommy0:

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Leave him without diaper and when he wets himself don't change him, and tell him that he's old enough to understand what you are saying, he's old enough to be potty trained and I would have a serious talk with his dad 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)