Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

losing my baby boy :(

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this
He was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor thats in stage 4 and has already caused tumors on his spine. Its an Embryonal tumor with abundant neurophil and true rosettes. Hes only 14 months old. The chemo plan they offered was aweful! 6 months of torture to only have a 26% chance of an additional 6 months. We declined treatment. Y u may ask...because im not selfish enough to put my son thru that. I want the 3-6 months we have left to be quality. a big difference between doing things to help make him better and doing things TO him. I love him soo much it breaks my heart... Its like having my heart in a vice. Everyday i see my baby slowly wasting away. He cant stand, crawl, roll over or even move his legs cuz the muscles have wasted away. I
i have 2 other beautiful healthy kids- andrew is 7yrs and kenny is 3yrs old. We've explained to andrew that Vincent has cancer and will never get better. He hasnt asked if vince will die and i havent gotten to the point of telling him. I will this weekend tho.
To make the most of the time we have with vincent we will b celebrating his birthday every month on the 19th. cuz i dont think he will make it to his 2nd birthday- April19th. Also we will b doing halloween at the end of july and christmas in august. Im hoping he makes it to the actual holidays but i doubt it with how aggressive this cancer is.
It makes it hard at times cuz my husbands job fired him once the baby was hospitalized. He used all his paid time off, sick days and unpaid time off and after thos 9 days he took 2 days off n they fired him. My hubby was in contact with his supervisor everyday and we had sent in doctors notes.fuckers. I work for my parents as a cook in their restaurant but i cant go cuz vincent nurses constantly for food snd comfort and i want to spend every second he has left with him. My aunt was sweet and set up a fundraiser online and my parents help us thankfully.
im not looking for anything by posting this i just wanted to bleed off some of the hurt n sorrow in me.
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyzz3
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow mama you are a very strong person. So sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck to you and your boy-God bless you!
Mrs.Thomason
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry for you and your family and little boy i will keep him and your family in my prayers i will pray that god will deliver a miricle to you.  God bless all of you you are so strong.

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for you I can't imagine what you are going thru... Have you looked into alternative cures? I was reading an article on how in Oregon they are treating infant brain tumors with marihuana With excellent results and mostly without the side effects of chemo
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

There are no words I could say to express my sympathies for you and your family.  That little boy sounds like a blessing to your family and as a mother, I just cannot even imagine.  I love that you are celebrating his bday every month and I love that you've moved up the holidays.  Peace be with you and your family.

astridnermal
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry. Prayers.
IUMer
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

How heartbreaking. I am so very sorry.

IUMer
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM

When and how did you realize he was sick? (If you don't want to talk about it I understand.)

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so very sorry! I hope you enjoy every moment with him! Check into make a wish, maybe you and the family can go on a memorable vacation he might love. Hugs.
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
(((HUGS)))

1wildchild
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

All of this.

OP I will keep your little one and your family in my prayers.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

There are no words I could say to express my sympathies for you and your family.  That little boy sounds like a blessing to your family and as a mother, I just cannot even imagine.  I love that you are celebrating his bday every month and I love that you've moved up the holidays.  Peace be with you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)