Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

School Registration? (piog)

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 35 Replies

Ok mama's I need some help. DS is at that age he needs to get into school. Im so nervous my stomach is doing flips over it. They have open registration here soon as classes Start in August. Im hoping to get DS into pre-school with speech therapy since hes behind and i know hes not ready for kindergarten despite our efforts. 

What do I need for registration? I havnt been in school myself in several years and I cant remember back to his age of school lol. As far as i know he is caught up on shots and has a well check coming up soon. He's potty trained and all that. But hes never really been away from myself or dh let alone with strangers and he has a bit of anxiety. 

any help would be wonderful.

in love2007 toddler boy 2008   baby girl2012

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetleanne
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

There are two things that you need : his health report and a emergency contact/ parental consent form.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thank you. THe school is open for a couple more days from summer break and then registration is 1 1/2 weeks

Quoting sweetleanne:

There are two things that you need : his health report and a emergency contact/ parental consent form.

deadlights86
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Ask the school. To get my Ds in preschool he has to have a physical see a dentist proof of address birth certificate social security card and I think that's it.
PEEK05
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

No idea but here is a bump.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM
The school will give you a list. It may be on there website also.

With my children I needed their Birth certificate, Vaccine records (or in our case vaccine waiver) and physical form filled out by the doctor. They also give you a few papers to fill out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Wow ... social security # that seems a bit extream for school enrollment. I plan to ask when they open again but thats not for a couple days

Quoting deadlights86:

Ask the school. To get my Ds in preschool he has to have a physical see a dentist proof of address birth certificate social security card and I think that's it.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Ive checked their webpage all it has is date and time. 

Quoting snowangel1979:

The school will give you a list. It may be on there website also.

With my children I needed their Birth certificate, Vaccine records (or in our case vaccine waiver) and physical form filled out by the doctor. They also give you a few papers to fill out.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Here you need to be up to date on vaccinations, a physical, an eye doctor and dentist visit, and notes from doctors and papers filled out by doctors if any medication needs to be given (my ds is a type1 diabetic).

To get in for speech, or other delays we had to take ds in for a screening before registration. Then register and pay for tuition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I had him in speech therapy but they only allowed 1x per week for 30 min and his therapist was always late after a year I saw no improvement from them and with he sequester could no longer afford it.

The schools here are hard to reach. And I'm mostly worried about my parents by they said they would kidnap da if given the chance

Quoting OBImomma:

Here you need to be up to date on vaccinations, a physical, an eye doctor and dentist visit, and notes from doctors and papers filled out by doctors if any medication needs to be given (my ds is a type1 diabetic).

To get in for speech, or other delays we had to take ds in for a screening before registration. Then register and pay for tuition.

deadlights86
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Really? Seems normal to me.

Quoting lilmama8408:

Wow ... social security # that seems a bit extream for school enrollment. I plan to ask when they open again but thats not for a couple days

Quoting deadlights86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)