Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddler bed rails!!! Aggghh!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 29 Replies

So I believe my two year old is ready to transition to a toddler bed. Only problem is that I cannot find the rails for the convertible crib we bought. It sucks that they didn't come in with the crib... *sigh* I've looked through amazon, babies r us, burlington, bb&b, buy buy baby, you name it!

So my question for all you CM's out there that have had this problem, can I just buy any toddler bed rails and it fit my crib? 

Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsEmma88
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

yep...you can get them at walmart ya know...lol

tiniowien
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Should be able too, my crib was lost too a fire and later recalled so we got her a normal toddler bed she ended up without rails by the second month.

you can also cut down a pool noodle and slip it under the crib sheet until you find them?

PamperButt
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yeah, looked at Walmart but they didn't have the brand my crib is. But I guess you are saying that you have tried and succeeded?

Quoting MsEmma88:

yep...you can get them at walmart ya know...lol

sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Don't buy the bed rails that don't specifically say for crib mattress. I wasted money on one and it pushed the mattress up and my son couldn't lay on it. If that makes sense lol

My son ended up not needing it at all. I just put pillows on the floor just in case he fell out of bed but he never did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamperButt
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Well, I can't convert the bed at all since the whole front side needs to be replaced by the toddler bed rail. I might just get the toddler bed instead, but if I could I'd rather not have to buy something enterely new since we wanted a convertible to save us money.... =/ Thanks for the advice though!

Quoting tiniowien:

Should be able too, my crib was lost too a fire and later recalled so we got her a normal toddler bed she ended up without rails by the second month.

you can also cut down a pool noodle and slip it under the crib sheet until you find them?

PamperButt
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

So you just converted straight to the twin/full size bed? Did you happen to get any kind of rails for him? I could look into just getting regular rails... it would save money. Do they usually say if they are for crib matteresses on the box? And did you just have to replace it with a regular mattress or how did you work that out for your kiddo?

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Don't buy the bed rails that don't specifically say for crib mattress. I wasted money on one and it pushed the mattress up and my son couldn't lay on it. If that makes sense lol

My son ended up not needing it at all. I just put pillows on the floor just in case he fell out of bed but he never did

tiniowien
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Could try the mattress on the floor with the trimmed pool noodle? I did that for mine once we lost the crib and she didn't fall out.
Quoting PamperButt:

Well, I can't convert the bed at all since the whole front side needs to be replaced by the toddler bed rail. I might just get the toddler bed instead, but if I could I'd rather not have to buy something enterely new since we wanted a convertible to save us money.... =/ Thanks for the advice though!

Quoting tiniowien:

sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I ended up not using any rails for his crib after I took the side down. I bought a "toddler bed rail" it's got arms that slide under the mattress well it didnt say for what size mattress apparently it's for a twin or full not a crib mattress lol so I never put one up and he did fine.

When he was 3 he was moved to a captains bed full size which if uve never seen one its pretty tall he had to use a step stool to climb up. And he's 4 almost 5 now and he has a bunk bed

Quoting PamperButt:

So you just converted straight to the twin/full size bed? Did you happen to get any kind of rails for him? I could look into just getting regular rails... it would save money. Do they usually say if they are for crib matteresses on the box? And did you just have to replace it with a regular mattress or how did you work that out for your kiddo?

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Bed Rails are universal.

corrinacs
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Really?  Mine came with them, it was a part of the package!

Do you still have the instructions for the crib?  If so, call the company directly.  They should be able to send you a set, and chances are much cheaper than you would find online :)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN