Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep them entertained in a restaurant?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 44 Replies

Do you bring things to keep them busy?  What do you normally bring?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Sippy for dd with some finger snacks maybe a toy.. Sees 1

For ds he gets crayons and brings one or two toys
OliviaW.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this
We have a small bookbag that has colors, paper, toys, stickers and some books. The kids love it.
IQuitCounting
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Coloring kits, the little pre packaged ones you can buy for a $1 at Michael's.  Now that he's older (our son is nearly 5), he just asks for the i-Phone or brings a few small action figures.  We never spend so much time in a restaurant that we find the need to really occupy him... I mean, most of the time is spent eating.

scarlettsam
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Tablet. Done.
CelestialSong
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM

For my 2 year old, books, Kindle, a drawing pad and something to color with (crayons usually, but a pen will do in a pinch). If it's not the type of place where we get free food to hold us over until our ordered food arrives, I'll bring a little baggie of snacks, like cereal or grapes or something to keep her occupied. She's usually pretty good in restaurants though, as long as we don't linger too long after she's done eating.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

We have a small bookbag that has colors, paper, toys, stickers and some books. The kids love it.

That's a good idea. :)

OliviaW.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Normally we go to sit down style restaurants so it comes in handy. I also have so snacks in the bag just encase we have to wait a while for our food.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting OliviaW.:

That's a good idea. :)

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
To be honest I usually don't prepare a whole lot, just a few toys. Honestly sometimes my kids will play with the jelly packets (stacking them) if we go tons place that serves breakfast. We don't go out to eat a whole lot, and it's usually quick service type places and we don't usually go during peak times. My kids actually do pretty well waiting at restaurants. I think it's because they just like to busy themsleves by checking out what's going on around them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZombieMeat
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM
We have a busy bag. It's packed with books, crayons, markers, coloring books, activity books and construction paper.
AAngel282
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I bring crayons and a coloring book and my Kindle. I also try to take her to the park or for a walk before hand to get that extra energy out. She does really good at restaurants though and will be 3 in September.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)