Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid you are driving me nuts and I LOVE IT.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 3 Replies

This kid is driving me insane. lol But I love it. 100% do I ever freaking love it.

So I am in the bathroom, changing into my swim stuff, for the pool for after lunch, and I hear my 5 yr old, start yelling.

"My friend, my friend is here. Ya we are having a sleepover and a swim"  "Oh come, in. I am so excited that you came" and then I hear her say goodbye to her friends mom.

As I am almost done getting dressed and fly out of the bathroom with a towel around me, like what what friend who is hear, no one asked me. I look quick outside and see no one here. Then my dd standing by the front door.

"Who is here Ava? why did you invite a friend over without asking me?" she looks at me and then to her left, and says " see mom, Tanner came over for a swim and a sleepover" takes invisable person by the hand and skips out the door all happily. lol

As I shake my head. Oh god this kid is driving me. lol

The other day we were at the park, when dd says oh no I lost my special mermaid neckalcae. She had 3 grown men crawling through the grass (who we knew btw) looking for her neckalace. And then she says oh here it is and picks up an imaginary necklace and proceeds to put it on, and then yells "I have my mermaid nekclace on now, I am no longer a human but a beautiful mermaid"  and she drops the ground and proceeds to swim like a mermaid.

As these dad friends of our collect themselves out of the grass, kinda embarassed. lol And bust out laughing.

She does not always play pretend like this, but when she does she makes everything so freaking real. lol

There as been other things she has done. lol It cracks me up and drives me nuts, but I love her imagination. lol

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
corrinacs
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!  As much as you may  find it annoying, do realize that people iwth active imaginations like this are generally smarter :)

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, I know that. She is smart very smart. lol she will be 5 tomorrow.

I love it and yes it can be annoying, when sh eis like "oh no I cut my hair" then proceeds to say "10 yrs later" " wow my hair it grew back, it so long like tangleds" and you are trying to see where she may have cut it. But i do love the way she can play like that on her own, keep sher busy . lol

Quoting corrinacs:

That's awesome!  As much as you may  find it annoying, do realize that people iwth active imaginations like this are generally smarter :)

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

lol that's too funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)