Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sour smell, 3-5 times a day and painful rash on my poor babys bottom!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, For the last week or so I have noticed my one and a half year old son pooping a lot more frequently than usual. He will now poop anywhere from 3-5 times a day! Not only that but he can not stand to be wiped and not even just the wiping but also if there isn't poop and i just lay a wipe across hit butt he is screaming in pain and there is a horrible rash all over his butt and legs. I've tried changing the type of diaper, and wipes but nothing is working. I put budearus on him every diaper change and sometimes it seems to go away and then BAM its back again. Also, it is super sour smelling and i feel so bad for him I just don't know what to do. Unfortunately there has been an issue with insurance and his new one doesn't start until august and he just turned a year and a half two days ago and ill be heading up to a minute clinic and cvs to see if they can help and maybe prescribe some kind of ointment like nystatin. If anyone knows of anything that  can help him for the rest of the evening and the morning until I can get up there that would be greatly appreciated. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hockey21
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

try to keep him dry and clean as much as possible, sounds like a infection of some sort...dont put any kind of scented ointment on him,fragrence free diapers etc...try to get him to drink alot of fluids, I know more diaper duty but maybe he can 'flush-out' otherwise..I think you need to get him to a pediatrician  good luck  

Candie1015
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
It sounds like his pee and poo has a lot of citrus or acid like foods/ drinks in it. Cut back from citrus and acidic foods/drink. There is some really great ointment in a yellow tube at walmart in the baby isle called butter bottom or butt butter or something similar. Some creams burn rashes when first applied because of the type of medicine in it. When you can see his pediatrician ask for a prescription for a really good rash cream. My daughter had a bad yeast rash and that was the only cream that would help her but it is only sold in pharmacies. Next best is the butter one. Also if it is Medicaid they will go back a month. You just have to call 211 when the bill comes in to let them know. Good luck!
mom2gmp2
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM
My son kept a rash until I found this stuff called Bag Balm. It comes in a green tin and I bought it at CVS. It cleared his rash in like one use. GL Mama
jlbelknap35
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Do you have any vagisil, yeast infection cream, or athletes foot cream?
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM

maybe a yeast infection? If it's yeast, coconut oil can help. i used it for my daughter and it was gone in less than 12 hours.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Bag balm, cornstarch, nystatin (I know it's a prescription but its my go to for diaper rashes) let him run naked for awhile. My son will be 2 next month and that helps clear up any rash quick too (fresh air) yes you may have messes to clean up..but I'd rather have messes to clean up than my baby in pain. Good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtodab
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Does he drink a lot pic milk? Sounds kids that Could be the issue. Or to much juice for his system Mr dd went thru a fase what i had to seriously water down her juice or she won't immediately get s rash. Same with milk. It's like her pee would burn get skin.
sophiesmom07
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

maybe a yeast infection? If it's yeast, coconut oil can help. i used it for my daughter and it was gone in less than 12 hours.

Good to know!

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I found out on accident. my daughter just suddenly got the worst rash I had ever seen (raised, red, bleeding, she was screaming in pain) and I put coconut oil on it while waiting for the doctors office to open to call and make an appointment. I had nothing else and I had read it was good for diaper rash. The next diaper change, literally minutes before I was going to call, it already looked so much better, so I held off and by that night it was mostly cleared up!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Good to know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)