Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 16 month

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 2 Replies
My daughter has the funniest personality.. And she is really smart.. She can talk a little and can say mama and Dada. When I tell her to say mama she says Dada then laughs cause she thinks its funny. I love her but lately she wants nothing to do with her dad or her siblings. If they try to hug me and try to pick her up she hits them in the face. I tell her no and to be nice and she cries then she pets their face but a minute later she does it again. She doesn't want anyone near me what so ever. How do I stop this?? My husband gets upset over it
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Yesimelendez
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM

When my 16 month old Tiny hits or scratches herself I always tell her no in a serious voice if she cries I hold her but a friend of mine says I shouldn't talk to her or baby her while she is crying just hold her and wait for her to calm down then give affection she says trying to reason with her while she is upset just makes it worse. My Tiny has this thing where if shes upset she tries to pull her hair put and the one thing I keep hearing is that what matters is consistency. Good luck! let me know how it goes :) I guess we're in this together cuz I'm trying to figure it out too :) 

PEEK05
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Dad and siblings need to walk away from her when she does that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)