• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: My 12 month old still wakes every 2 hours to...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

My 12 month old still wakes every 2 hours to breast feed. Anyone else going through this or if you have how long did it take for your toddler to sleep through the night?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PEEK05
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

At that age, my son was only waking once to nurse at night.  He was 13 months when he started sleeping through the entire night without waking.

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

My kiddos were only waking once or twice a night to nurse at that age.  Is your little one eating any solids?

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

i know there r ways to teach them how to self sooth....but i myself do not know how..my 2 yr old and my 6 yr old still wake up at night

corrinacs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

He's not getting enough to eat, it sounds.  Either that or he's thirsty or could have reflux.

What is his diet like during the day?  How is his weight?  If its normal, does it dip down when he gets sick and doesn't nurse as often?  If so, it may be that he's getting not enough or just enough calories....including your night time feedings.  Try feeding him more during the day to see if that helps.

If he seems thirsty, allow him to have a sippy cup with water in it to see if that helps.  With the heat that's been everywhere, he could be thirsty (that happened to my son a few nights here and there).

Or if its beyond your control talk to your pediatrician.  I know that my litlest had reflux (probably still does).  One of the "symptoms" was that he'd want bottles A LOT during the night.  Once we started allowing him to sleep sitting up (in his swing), he's been doing much better :)

cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was the same way at that age and didn't outgrow it until she was almost 2 years old and then still woke up to nurse once or twice a night until she was 2 and a half.  Hang in there!

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM
My DS didnt sleep through the night consistantly until he weaned himself and we transitioned to cows milk.
bris_mom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

how do you put her to sleep at night, by nursing or does she fall asleep on her own. I ask because Sounds like she has a sleep association with you

This is how I got my baby to sleep through the night violet-sleepbabysleep.blogspot

This is how I potty Trained my Toddler  totsand kids101.blogspot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)