Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex cosleepers! I have a question...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 23 Replies
When did you stop co sleeping?
My daughter is going to be two in October and she sleeps in her bed for half the night, then comes in our bed for the rest.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pam_8787
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I stopped at 15 months for my oldest and 12
Months with my youngest but when they get up to pee at night they still manage to come to my bed. Ugh! Sometimes I am awake enough to put them back in their bed and other times I am not.
SaraNicole1019
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
How old are they now?
I kind of am hoping to not be co sleeping by the time we try for #2. Which I'm not sure when that'll lol

Quoting Pam_8787:

I stopped at 15 months for my oldest and 12

Months with my youngest but when they get up to pee at night they still manage to come to my bed. Ugh! Sometimes I am awake enough to put them back in their bed and other times I am not.

hockey21
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

oh  no...no...my daughter did this for 6 months..!!, she is 2 now and finally  in her own room all night....we just told her she cant come in the daddy's bedroom...when she asked why  we said  she is a big girl  ...and big girls sleep in their own room...she  stopped....lol   we can sleep ..

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

my 6 yr old still sleeps with me and my 2 yr old...the older ones stopped when the little ones started to sleep in my bed....i wish now..i had never started..i feel like i may never have my bed to myself...

JAZ88
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

My son is almost 15 months and he starts out in his own room, but he still wakes up at night.  I'm entering my 3rd trimester with baby no. 2 and I'm so exhausted when he wakes me that I just fall asleep cuddling with my son in the middle of the night.  He's always loved sleeping with Mommy.  It has alswyas drove daddy crazy.  Hopefully before this new baby is born I can break the habbit, because he does have to learn that big boys sleep on their own beds in their own rooms.

cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

We transitioned dd to her own bed at 18 months but until recently she'd end up in our bed halfway through the night.  Now at 2.5 years old she's starting to sleep all the way through the night in her own bed most nights.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM
6 months with DS and 8 months with DD
PEEK05
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

We start transitioning our children to their own beds around 6 months.

mammabear413
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM
My son will be 2.5 in sept he sleeps thru most night in his room then ours latley we went back to co sleeping ...

We started at 25 months changing over. He got a new room and a big boy bed loves it and will nap and some nights sleep in it I don't push it to much
ladyfus
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I know exactly how you feel, we co slept with my now 3 yr old until he was about 18 months.......He is still spending half of the night in our bed every night. My 2 yr old sleeps alone with no problems. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)