• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Please!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 1 Replies

My son had a test done at radiology yesterday morning.  It was an upper GI spectrum and the liquid they gave him to drink the radiologist said would make him constipated.  Well the opposite happened.  He's had the worst diarrhea i've ever dealt with.  It's off white in color and today alone I've changed 7 diarrhea diapers.  The problem is he now has open sores on his bum leading into his scrotum.  I have a hypoallergenic cream for rashes, but that didn't work so I've been applying corn starch because my mom said that would help.  Everything that I put on it he screams bloody murder.  I called his dr. office for advice, they said I just have to let it run its course and since he doesnt have signs of being dehydrated they're not worried, theysuggested vaseline, which also made him scream. HELP, ADVICE, I feel sooo bad for my son.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

i went thru this with my dd when she had a stomach bug as a baby.  her butt was so red and blistered it was awful!  i'm sure you already know to NOT use wipes.  Rinse him off with tepid water in the sink or bath.  I just applied a MASSIVE layer of Desitin (sp?) during each diaper change while it was healing.  A&D is vaseline-like too.  It may bother him while you are applying but if you get a super thick layer on, it'll help his bottom while the diaper is on.  I've also heard good things about baking soda in the tub but I never tried it.  You can also make a paste from baking soda and something else (maybe water) but I would look that up first.

Good luck!  Hopefully it'll run its course soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)