Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL & Potty issues!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I start my new job tomorrow and DS has been in underwear for a week. He does okay besides poop he refuses to poop in the toliet so he goes in his underwear. Other than that he does great! Well MIL got diapers so she doesn't have to deal with cleaning him up while I'm working. I feel like everything that we have done this week will be for nothing because she is freaking lazy!!! Idk what to do because I don't have money for a sitter yet and he is 3 years old (March 15 birthday) he should be trained before it's too late. I'm not sure what to do.

Just noticed I was a featured Thanks a bunch!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM

first of all there is no such thing as "before it's too late" when it comes to potty training LOL!  your child will not wear diapers for the rest of his life if you don't train him by a certain age ;)

With that said, your MIL is totally wrong on this one since your son is doing well and learning.  Can your hubby speak with his mother?

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
she's right

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

first of all there is no such thing as "before it's too late" when it comes to potty training LOL!  your child will not wear diapers for the rest of his life if you don't train him by a certain age ;)

With that said, your MIL is totally wrong on this one since your son is doing well and learning.  Can your hubby speak with his mother?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm just nervous about it being too difficult and him being more against it the longer we wait. MIL is very stubborn and lazy!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

that's not the way it works!  if a child is ready to train, they will train.  your MIL can definitely set you back but her actions will not prevent your child from ever training.  my biggest issue with your situation is that I believe a child care provider should ALWAYS respect the wishes of the parents.  You are between a rock and a hard place because she's doing you a favor and I can only imagine how frustrating that is for you. 

again, can your hubby talk to her? 

Quoting MarShy740:

I'm just nervous about it being too difficult and him being more against it the longer we wait. MIL is very stubborn and lazy!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Bieg9093
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Free babysitting has it's price. You want somebody to do it your way? Cough it up.
kdvorak
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
What i do not get is if she is worried about cleaning him with underwear on, how is she going to clean him with a diaper on. Either way he still needs to be cleaned after he goes to the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poisongirl98
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Hmm, I don't know if I'd let her watch my kids if she's so lazy she can't follow through with potty training. Not only is it lazy, it's disrespectful to you as the parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

bump

MarShy740
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM

She does do stuff with the kids but she is lazy on certain things and this is one of them. 

Quoting Poisongirl98:

Hmm, I don't know if I'd let her watch my kids if she's so lazy she can't follow through with potty training. Not only is it lazy, it's disrespectful to you as the parent.

MarShy740
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

DH doesn't even like dealing with his mom sometimes he told me to hide them lol.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

that's not the way it works!  if a child is ready to train, they will train.  your MIL can definitely set you back but her actions will not prevent your child from ever training.  my biggest issue with your situation is that I believe a child care provider should ALWAYS respect the wishes of the parents.  You are between a rock and a hard place because she's doing you a favor and I can only imagine how frustrating that is for you. 

again, can your hubby talk to her? 

Quoting MarShy740:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)