Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby chiropractics?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 21 month old tripped up one step onto our porch. He said "ow"! Right away. I checked him all over a bunch of times. No bruises. No scrapes. No swelling. But he s limping. I took to pediatrician who said to keep an eye on it. Dr didn't think anything was broken. No X-rays ordered. It's been 3 days. Day 5 I have appt for chiropractor who I've seen for 10yrs now. I believe she would not hurt my baby and give me advice if she can't do anything. My husband is totally against it. Wants to take baby to children's hospital on day 7 if limp persists. I can't convince my husband to give CHIRO a chance and I don't want to spend half the day at a hospital.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM

my son started going to the chiro at like 3 1/2. he LOVED it. after his first visit, a couple days later, he started telling me his neck hurt. after asking a few questions, I discovered he didn't really hurt, he just wanted to go back for another adjustment because he loved it so much. And after my daughter was born, the chiro adjusted her too. she was about 5 weeks.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I agree with your hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I would do the chiropractor before the hospital for sure.

Poisongirl98
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM
I took my baby to a chiropractor on the advice of a breastfeeding counselor when she was just a few months old. She had a tongue tied (that was revised) and it's often recommended those babies to to one. Anyway, it's very gentle, not like what most people would think. DD didn't cry or fuss, and edit did seem to help at least with her riding in the car. It wouldn't hurt, but if he is still limping after a few more days I'd get a 2nd opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM
My lo saw the Chiro before he was 24 hours old! But I go to Chiro that is train in prenatal and infant chiropractics.
Mipsy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I agree with you, i would try a chiropractor.
corrinacs
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Well, if you are seeing the chiro anyway, there's no harm in asking.  I don't know if they would work on a LO like that anyway.

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon!

Vanity_kiss
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM
So we went to hospital today. Did X-rays. Nothing broken. They suggest orthopedic dr. I still can't talk my husb into chiro
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)