Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Menu, average day?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 22 Replies
What are your LOs eating on an average day?

My ds, 17 mo

Morning bottle, milk about 7oz
Breakfast is either oatmeal and fruit or waffles/pancake/toast with fruit

He usually naps through what would be snack time, if not he would have a little milk and a gram cracker or fruit and Cheerios.

Lunch is usually whatever the big kids eat,
Chicken and tots or soup, a sandwich etc

Depending on if he naps or how his mood is he may have a snack or a small bottle mid afternoon

Dinner, this is getting tricky, sometimes he eats what we do, right now he loves meatballs and macaroni , but may not tomorrow. Last night he only ate oranges and one tiny piece of ham :/

Bedtime, 8oz milk in a bottle

He's certainly not underweight but it seems like he's not eating much? What are your babies up to?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My 20 mo old eats different everyday..sometimes I feel she is not eating enough. I think it looks normal what your little one is eating. Dinner is almost always the smallest meal little ones eat. Try to keep the early meals good so if he isnt interested in dinner you dont worry too much
corrinacs
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Your menu sounds great to me :).  If he's eating what you are eatin, then you should be fine :).

Leo's got an odd diet because of the magnitude of his food allergies.

navyjen
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM

my 13 month old -- we just stopped her morning bottle she loves her straw up.

breakfast - stage 2 fruit with oatmeal and either cereal or pancakes, waffle or breakfast bar what ever my oldest daughter eats that morning

lunch-- a meat a veggie and a fruit or a pasta dish (she is at the sitters so she usually has leftovers from their dinner the night before).  

dinner last night she had mashed potatoes, roast,(Not big on meat) corn biscuits and some noodles.  

she has snacks throughout the day and drinks about 10 - 20 oz of milk from her cup and she has about 15 oz of water during the day sometimes she has a few ounces of juice in her cup. 

bedtime she drinks 3 to 6 oz from her bottle.  She is about done with bottles.

erinf28
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Mine eats what she wants (with my permission of course). I ask her all the time what she wants because I don't want her to miss a meal if she doesn't want what I'm making. Dinner on the other hand I make without asking or else I would get different answers ever 5 seconds lol.

aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Other than having milk four times a day, he drinks water.  He pretty much eats what we eat.  I try not to make anything special for him unless he is sick.  Tonight is a casserole with zucchini, yellow squash, spinach and cheese ravioli, ricotta, marinara and parmesan on top.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
sounds good to me..
allmy3girls
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

my 3yr old will usually have what 'daddy is having'  and that can be veggie omlet,toast ,or fruit and oatmeal....the twins will have fruit and oatmeal ( breakfast)

3yr old lunch...maybe chicken strip with veggies  twins:  veggies and turkey

3yr old dinner what daddy is having....twins....veggies and chicken

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

whatever I'm eating, oatmeal and fruit with a small amount of milk most mornings during the week , cheese and nuts for a snack or something similar, sandwich or tuna salad and tomatoes most weekday lunches, crackers and peanut butter, cheese and crackers or fruit and homemade whipped cream for a snack, whatever I choose to make for supper.

Monkeymama930
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Lol my son eats all the time!!!
Breakfast-
raisins, strawberries, sausage
Or
cereal, bananas, apple sauce

Snack veggies

Lunch
Hot dog, green beans, veggie sticks, peas
Or
Fries, corn dogs, corn, peas

Snack puffs

Dinner
He is offered what we are eating he likes the same foods obviously so his back up is hot dogs and green beans.

Bedtime Ice water and if hungry fruit

He's not over weight but yes he eat a lot! And all he drinks is water.
pinkiebabii
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
DS is 15 months

Breakfast- breast feeds then eggs and bacon usually. Today i was lazy and he had banana bread, pop tart and orange juice

Snack- usually fruit or or pistachios and nurse

Then he nurses while he naps.

Lunch- chicken and veggies, burritos, soup, usually leftovers

Snack- chips, fries, fruit and he nurses

Dinner- what ever we eat

Snack- fruit or bread or whatever I
have

Nurses to sleep and through out the night.

He has several cups of juice through out the day also and nurses in between food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)