Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will potty consistently naked, refuses to go if she is wearing undies.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are having a power struggle.  My two year old will consistently use the potty if she is naked.  If i put undies on her and say to tell me "potty" if she needs to go, she will just go in her undies and if i try sitting her on the potty and pulling her undies down, she throws a fit!  I'm trying to teach her to pull her undies down, but she seems frustrated.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM

i know this is a really common issue.  i've never dealt with it though so here's a bump!!

calvinsmommy18
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Close your blinds and let her run around naked? Not sure really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I've read a potty training book that recommended that they go naked, so I would just let her go naked for a few days if she is using the potty well.. Then maybe take her to the store and let her pick out some fun underwear. Maybe if she likes them she will want to wear them.

HippoCat
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I have the same problem with my son only he won't wear undies at all- wont even put them on. He goes commando a lot when he is home. Well, commando while wearing my husbands tennis shoes:)

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I had to go from naked, to VERY loose shorts, to underwear with my son.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How recently did she potty train? I would leave her panties off until she's comfortable using the potty and ready to wear panties.  My daughter took a couple weeks after being potty trained before she wanted to wear panties.  I only put my foot down when we were leaving the house because she obviously needed to wear panties and bottoms outside lol.

sjump25
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

My dd did that for a little while.  She finally caught on and is potty trained now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)