• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy sick days

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 51 Replies
It is so hard to be up and active when you are sick! No sick days for mommies. How do you all do it when your sick?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iansmommy9
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

When I caught a stomach virus from DS, DH watched him one day and my inlaws came up to watch him the next. When we got the flu, all 3 of us had it at the same time. By day 3, we were all short on patience.

sjump25
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM

It sucks for sure!  I have a really good neighbor so if I got really sick and my hubby was at work I know she would let my kids come to her house to play.

momtodab
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
We usually all get sick at the same time here so we a all visit in my bed with meds and sleep. When i have been the only one suck my DH had started home if i was just so sick i couldn't handle it. I'm also lucky my best friend will come get them when needed just like i do for her. Works out.
GabbyGirlsMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Mommies can get sick???

Lol. I luckily don't get sick often but when I do I try and take it easy. I don't have much help though other than DH so I usually just have to suck it up and keep moving along through the day! No fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I don't do much around the house on those days.  I just make sure the kids are fed, happy, and entertained.  My husband doesn't mind.  He knows it's important for me to regain my health asap.

Newfie_Mom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My mom and/or my DDs best friends mom will take anyone is not sick to help keep the non sick away from the sick
jillianmayasmom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Mommy sick days. What are those?
rHOPEb
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Hubby helps if he can.  He works nightshift so the kids sleep all night, but if he worked(s) that night then the day he sleeps.....its so hard!  B/c even tho I'm sick I'm up getting someone a drink or pbj or something......*sigh*  NO sick days for mommy........

Pickle521
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Only had one of those so far, with the stomach flu (read: I couldn't sit up straight without puking) and THANK GOODNESS my DH was able to take a vacation day.  Our son was 15 months at the time and required a lot of attention, and there was no way I could even sort of do it.  I also have MIL and my mom in relatively close proximity if DS isn't able to take the day off.

huskermom98
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I've only had a couple of really bad days when I was sick and we mostly hung out in the living room watching DVDs.  DH did have to take a day off when I had my first (and only...hopefully) kidney stone, but since my boys were 15mo and 3 at the time I knew I couldn't handle the day all on my own, and I couldn't drive myself to the doctor's office to find out what was wrong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)