Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 31 Replies

Would you put a 4 1/2 yr old on a top bunk of a bunk bed? 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTE11
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I don't know for sure but I doubt it. I don't think they are supposed to be in the top bunk until they are around six or seven or so (don't quote me, I read it somewhere recently and I think it was that age, somebody correct me if it's not) so 4.5 seems young. My best friend growing up was in a bunk bed but they put extra tall sides on it. They had no choice because of a very small house and three girls living in one room and she was the oldest. I think she went up there when she was 5 or 6. It would depend on the kid, if they were able to use the ladder safely, and didn't sleepwalk, was mature enough to keep in mind where they are and not fall out while playing, that kind of thing. There may be kids who could do it at that age but probably not all or even most, but that's just my opinion. :)

mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Probably not, i would be worried that they would forget and fall off
calvinsmommy18
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM
No probably not. My kids move too much in their sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koam
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I wouldn't, not yet. My parents put one of my younger brothers in a top bunk around that age and he decided to take the opportunity to play superman and dove down into the rocking chair nearby and broke his arm.
yorkiemaz
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

no...

proudmommy270
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

No..I would be too worried that they would fall off.

k.stark
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Thanks everyone..... I was just hoping that it would be alright.... but from all the no's I agree..... It's best to wait for that.. Thanks again! 

OBImomma
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM
We put my ds in a loft bed at that age. It has 1ft high wall/rail around it and we put up a bed tent. He has not fallen out or jumped off. He loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I would have trusted my daughter on the top bunk at that age.But I've met some 4 1/2 yrs olds that I wouldn't.So,it would depend on the child.

OBImomma
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I should add my ds is almost 6 now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)