A little background... I am deathly allergic to bee stings, I carry an Epi-pen. When I was in school my mom made it clear (with dr's note and phone call)that I was to carry it with me at all times. I was old enough to know how to use it, and my teachers knew how to as well. It is a possibility that my boys could be allergic too. I explained to their Dr. and she thought that they were too young to get tested and she prescribed epi-pens for them (just in case). She understood that I know what to watch for and how to use the epi-pen if needed.
Well my oldest starts pre-k next month and when I was filling out his paperwork I noticed it said that ALL medications must be kept in the nurses office. My worry is what if a bee comes into the classroom and he gets stung and has a anaphalactic reaction? Is the nurse going to be able to get to his classroom in time? Or do I see if his teacher can keep it with her? I don't know if they will make an exception and I don't want to cause problems. We don't definitely know if he is allergic but when he gets bug bites the bite swells pretty bad (I swell up bad too).
I do not think I am over protective. This is the only thing that has me worried about him starting school. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.