Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Rolling out of bed

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 15 Replies
It may be early to think about this but I'll ask anyway...my daughter is 15 months old and sleeps in a crib in her room. She sleeps soundly all night but she rolls around almost every inch of her crib. When do they stop rolling around so you can safely transition to a toddler bed?
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
What is your reason for wanting to transition?
Koam
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I'm not in a hurry, just the past few nights she's been especially rolly (is that even a word lol) so I was just wondering :)

Quoting britmichele:

What is your reason for wanting to transition?

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't move DD to a big bed till she was 3. She went directly from her crib to a twin bed. She did roll out a couple times, no harm done. If you're worried about it, you can buy bed rails to be sure she doesn't roll out.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
It all depends on the child. As was not a big roller and I switched him at 19 months to a toddler bed. He's never fallen out but has slept with his feet/legs hanging off the bed a few times.
Koam
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Thanks mommies!
lovinmy3girlies
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
All mine transitioned earlier than what I've seen other mom choose to, by 13-14 months they had their own toddler bed. First dd was because her sister was coming, 2nd was just ready for it & 3rd I had no choice once she learned to stack stuff in a corner to crawl out! Tho my last dd has been walking and climbing since 9mnths! I was worried also tho because she was very rolly also. She has a side rail, but has fell off the end just a few times anyway. She still gets around every inch of her bed at night tho! When u transition just make sure there's a rail. They don't really "stop" if its the way they sleep, but she will learn her boundaries once going past them a few times. It's a live n learn kinda thing. :)
Mkittysamom
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My son is three years old and he just never stopped rolling, so we line the floor with pillows blankets and most times he just sleeps on the floor.  My one year old is so strong he can almost climb out of his crib and we don't have enough beds.

kearaloves1
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM

GOOD QUESTION!! depends on the child obviously but id say 2 years old! that seems to be the age where they stay still alot more when they sleep!

mama2b100808
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I say since she is still rolling wait till she is a little over 2 years old. 

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I'm not sure.  My dd is 6 and still rolls out of bed!   She has a twin bed with a rail on the side so she doesn't fall out.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)