Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there only one way?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you believe there is only way to properly raise a child?

or

Do you believe the choices you make are best for your own children, but other options might be better for other families?

Are there some issues you feel all parents should do the way you do and others you think have several good options?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Each child is unique, each family is unique. That means that what works for one may not work for another :)

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Every family and child is different.

I in general raise my kids the same, but they are different from eachother so for many things from punishments to the choices they are given are very different from eachother. If that makes sense?

So of course my neighbors may parent different from me and what works from them may not for us, no harm done right?

Parenting has no standard rule imo. As long as they are loved and not abused in any manner, a parent has the right to choose what way they want to raise their kids.

rHOPEb
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Every child/family/situation is different.  You have to address each one accordingly and hope you are doing your best.

We are a Christian Family........so we follow the Bible and pray.

sjump25
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Yep I agree

Quoting hriabywx4:

Each child is unique, each family is unique. That means that what works for one may not work for another :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)